aberdeen-music

so, who's getting a 360?

framheim

I've already played an xbox360 at a demonstration in Glasgow on Saturday. It was groovy... King Kong scared the hell out of me though, but Kameo was sweet, and Need for Speed and Gotham Racing sure looked purdy. So did Dead or Alive 4, though the android-looking Tiger Woods scared me, almost realistic, but those eyes, those dead eyes... plus I was rubbish at the game.

That said, I still haven't even played Half-life 2, which I got last Christmas for my PC, so I doubt it's a necessity to get myself a new console, at least until I start playing games more than once a year...

why is everone arguing over these to machines?

look the matter of fact is do you really REALLY think bill gates (with his endless (really!) money supply) will ever be out done buy Sony (buy anyone?)? he conqured the PC world' date=' why not the gameing world? QUOTE']

Well...seeing as Nintendo have been in the throne for a very long time I dont reckon they are gonna lose out to a computer fag, sorry but Nintendo were and always will be king of console games... Microsoft may outsell them, but they will never be better than them. Same applies to Sony :cheers:

My point exactly. Sega tried to offer the alternative before there was anything to offer an alternative for and failed.

Sega did miss a few tricks though - for instance, the lack of DVD support. You've also got to consider the harm done to their reputation with the Saturn and the Mega-CD/32X nonsense too - I dare say if the Saturn hadn't been such a miserable failure, the Dreamcast would've had a serious shot at knocking Sony right out of the water. They were never going to win when the PS2 offered DVD support along with back catalogue support.

I think the biggest mistake Nintendo's making at the minute is not including DVD and HDTV support right out of the box - especially when they're going towards a "home entertainment" attitude. Of course, it could be a calculated gamble based upon the fact that there would be no point releasing a DVD addition when Blu-Ray and the other format (I forget its name) are about to come to the front. The lack of HDTV support is strange, though.

Hmm heres a thought I was having..

do you think that companies make sure there isn't enough stock on purpose in order for them to sell out?

If they sell all the small quantity and make it seem like they had loads in stock then people think it must be good purchase and get it ordered in for next time... therefore increasing sales. Just what I think, crafty marketing technique.. :cheers:

Hmm heres a thought I was having..

do you think that companies make sure there isn't enough stock on purpose in order for them to sell out?

If they sell all the small quantity and make it seem like they had loads in stock then people think it must be good purchase and get it ordered in for next time... therefore increasing sales. Just what I think' date=' crafty marketing technique.. :cheers:[/quote']

artificially creating a demand for a product is an illegal practice. so obviously the likes of microsoft and sony would never do that :D

i think it's illegal, i could well be wrong. but where there is a demand for a product if a company withholds that product for no good reason other than just to up demand then i believe that's illegal. it just creates panic on the high street and is against consumer interests as it can drive up prices.