aberdeen-music

Foyerlive 5th Birthday Gig

Terance

Agreed for once Cloud. The door brought in approximatley575' date=' at 2 a head. Notr quite a sell out but if you include the Foyerlive team, crew, bands etc, it isn't too bad at all. Add a couple more bands this time and it should be a pretty ace gig![/quote']

See, I like honesty :) If i'm not mistaken, that means nearly 300 people through the door which is pretty amazing - no matter what I think or what anyone else thinks, getting 300 people through the door to a local gig is brilliant, especially when decent touring bands struggle to attract anywhere near that.

I reckon the one thing that Foyerlive has that's absolutely spot on is the build to gigs - the acoustic one was a bit of a rush, but this gig has been pushed for what seems like ages so the date is stuck in everyone's mind. I dare say if people took a hint from them and slowly built up to a gig rather than pushing a gig with 2 weeks to go, gig attendances would surely go up.