aberdeen-music

AberdeenLan Cafe

JaseyBoi

Anyone been yet?...... A group of us went down and tbh it was pretty kewl i mean the venue is lush the hot chocolate is lush BUT pinging at 700 and taking 45minutes to get seated at a comp (when the place was empty) is a tad shoddy

Its on market street btw and its all been done arse about tit as there webby isnt up yet theres no info inline about it at all which seems whack to me tbh........

Teething troubles i hope as it is a nice place and the staff are second to none just a pity its ran with the priority being the CAFE and not the lan centre upstairs

Check it out see for yourselfs

Btw this forums got an aberdeen Based gamers community as if so join us lol theres about 20 of us from aberdeen alone who meet up at lans or simply online via mIRC of an evening to blast the poop oot of anyone (especially the germans) ....And we dont have a nerd/geek in site.......

Hybrid Gamers not whinin bitches who thinks there elite.......

All i kno is they have valid steam id's (Which again was a complete faff about).....What to do is phone them asking about what game u play and they will tell u if they have it

Games i know They defo have

Valve Steam cs cz css and all Valve games

Call Of Duty

Unreal Tournament

Thats all i noticed im aftraid...

Soz about the german insult dude (whats the chances eh) :cheers:

As i say i run a cs & css clan with around 10 members and we have a sister clan with around 7 members (all aberdeen based) (well mostly) .... We dont just play cs of course we play any online game thats decent....... We also go to most of the aberdeenlan partys which can be found here www.aberdeenlanparty.co.uk

Teething troubles i hope as it is a nice place and the staff are second to none just a pity its ran with the priority being the CAFE and not the lan centre upstairs

that's probably what subsidises the whole lan part anyway, so they'll have to concentrate on making the money. not been yet, but i keep meaning to pop in as it does look pretty nice.

Nice to know you are all taking about my place!!!

Hey,

Well surfing the web, i finally found my first reviews of my new venture! Thank you all for the feedback, honesty is always the best policy as it means we can learn from our mistakes! :rockon:

Yup we've had a few connection issues...we have now got our 4mb line up and running now, if i had the cash it would be a 10mb leased line but hey maybe next year.

Besides, I'm a LAN cafe.....i'd be well disapointed if i had 26 players all playing online instead of LAN.

It's easy enough to listen to people's comments and thoughts but ultimatly it should be your own.

Get yourself down here any day or night of the week and you will be made most welcome.

For all your teckie's well our system spec's are:

19" TFT

Ath 3800

Nvidia 6600GT Turbo

Sata 160gb Hard Drives

1gb Ram

Might not be Uber Gamer spec but hey do the sums...times all that by 36.....not cheap.: :D

And for games, we'll we have over 45 titles + 10 Steam Licenses (CS, HL2 etc). I also have 2 linked Xbox's on 46" HD Plasma's and I should get delivery of a 360 tomorrow ahead of UK release.

Its my intention to hold all nighters and Clan Boot Camps....you can simply come down and join in the nightly National leagues for upto 250 cash.....

Downstairs is the resturant and Cafe with 9 Internet Machines and free wi-fi.

If anyone wants any more info, pop down or send me a mail at mark@cafe-lan.com.

360 hello?

I went past this place the other day and was like....hmm, hello! XBOX CAFE! ^_^

Do you have Halo 2? Is there 8 controllers for the 2 XBOX's?

I think I'd have to take my friends over and kick some booty!!

sounds like a nice place! Will there be beer?

Logan no function beer well without.

360 hello?

I went past this place the other day and was like....hmm' date=' hello! XBOX CAFE! ^_^

Do you have Halo 2? Is there 8 controllers for the 2 XBOX's?

I think I'd have to take my friends over and kick some booty!!

sounds like a nice place! Will there be beer?

Logan no function beer well without.[/quote']

Last thing I heard, there will be no booze. You're gonna have to function on coffee alone....

Last thing I heard' date=' there will be no booze...[/quote']

I DEMAND TO HAVE SOME BOOZE!!

Oh well, I'm sure 8-player Halo2 will suffice...

and I want to play 360! Do you really have it in now?

answer preferably not on a postcard as I'd like to play it TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!