aberdeen-music

Best Venue - Fudge Music Awards 2006

The Ghost Of Fudge

*manic evil laughing*

IT HAS BEGUN!

It's November, and you know what that means, don't you? (you don't, do you?)

This is your first chance to vote in the FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS 2006.

Every year we nominate loads of bands and stuff for loads of categories, and let them all scrap it out in a big heap on the floor for your votes. The winners will get their moment of glory at an as-yet-unbooked undisclosed venue sometime in late February.

And here's how to vote:

1. You can vote online on this forum by taking part in one of the (soon to be) many polls which will litter this site for months to come.

2. You can come to a Fudge gig, where you will receive a voting slip to fill in at your lesuire on the night.

Simple. So please try to remember: tradition suggests there will be far more votes handed in at our gigs than polled on this forum. In otherwords, if your band are in the lead by thirty votes in the 'Best Post-Ironic Garage' category online, it dosn't mean you're gonna win. You were all getting confused last year.

Your first chance to vote at a gig will be this saturday (12th november) at the moorings. hot mangu, samurai fury, shutter and port of saints are playing. you'll have a great time, we'll see you there....

:gringo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted the Moorings because it is the best venue.

Well, thanks for clearing that one up for us Hog. Some how I thought you would have voted for a venue you weren't fond of, rather than one you consider to be better than the rest. Oh my, what is the world coming to these days...

Yeah, bored.

No contest really.

Well there is, obviously, as the tunnels are currently ahead in the voting.

The Tunnels is the best venue at the moment. The atmosphere is usually great. And the variety of acts that play it is superb (credit to the promoters that use more than the venue I suppose).

The moorings might have the "best" equipment and engineer but the atmosphere at the couple of gigs I've been to has been strange. Like Drummonds it suffers from half the place being there to watch the bands and half just there to drink. The gigs I've been to have been entertaining (especially the Thurisaz Wrestling Federation providing the between band entertainment) but I could never shake the feeling that half the bar didn't care about what was happening in the box by the toilets.

• 3 weeks later...

well, ill give you my opinion

moorings- although i have only been there a few times, the sound is fantastic, and it is a very nice, friendly place, BUT i agree that half the people there probably dont care about the music

drummonds - good venue, great sound, lacks atmosphere sometimes, is fucking ace others

kef - isnt even on the list...need i say more>?

moshulu - usually has an unfriendly atmosphere, isnt used enough, but puts on a lot of fucking ace touring bands. the sound also isnt always that good

the lemontree - great sound, going downhill bookings wise

the tunnels - got my vote... the sound is usually pretty good (though ill be the first to say it could do with being a little quiter) good atmosphere, friendly staff, and a huge array of acts. also a pretty kewl looking venue

i voted the tunnels as it sells leffe in those fancy glasses. and it's ace.

the moorings is also good but doesn't sell belgian beer in gay little glasses. so it lost out. actually i think that says alot about the two venues. the tunnels has leffe and the moorings has that mental cider.

i said moorings because the tunnels is simply too expensive and that's what edjed it out for me. 1 for cordial in the tunnels seems unreasonable' date=' especially as it was my last pound. a bottle of cordial doesn't even cost a pound in a supermarket.[/quote']

I forgot about drinks price. That's the tunnels only minus.

Damn! If you'd only have mentioned that before you voted' date=' then we could have offered you a bottle of imported Belgian Delirium Tremens in a poofy little balloon glass which is decorated in pink elephants...

...seriously this glass does exist LMAO!

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/flash19/Delirium_tremens-1.jpg

delirium_tremens_and_glass_150.jpg

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/180/1385/

jesus, that is actually gayer than leffe. what have elephants got to do with belgium or beer?