aberdeen-music

where should we hold the fudge awards this year?

The Ghost Of Fudge

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK YOU ALL!

Here's my options:

British Legion. Double jumob vodkas for 60p a pop.

Embassy Rooms. They'll throw in a seedy sex show.

Bon Accord Baths. We could all go in swimwear, the prizes could be presented on the top board, and the prize winners pushed over the side.

AECC. It's big enough to hold everyone, and we'd be treated to a traffic jam on the way out. Beer is on 5 in a plastic cup, and you have to queue 2 hours for it.

Aberdeeen Airport. No particular reason but it's big, is equipped with a public address system (of sorts), and has a decent bookshop.

The Quarterdeck bar. It would be like holding the awards inside a TARDIS.

MacKays of Queen Street. We could have the creepy eccentric dude present the prizes.

That is all.

i think we should speak to the owner of drakes, and squeeze everyone in just for giggles, also, it is probably stripped, we could use candels, n ppl could byob. would be funny... i like flashes idea of mackays, that wud rock, but can more than 5 ppl get into their?

tunnels has a 300 capacity' date=' that isnt too small is it?[/quote']

yeah it is, because people will be mingling, it's not like a gig where everyone can be crammed together without fail...

Although what about The Forum? they don't have an installed PA, but the rental is dirt cheap and the place is big enough? and they have a decent stage...

yeah it is' date=' because people will be mingling, it's not like a gig where everyone can be crammed together without fail...

Although what about The Forum? they don't have an installed PA, but the rental is dirt cheap and the place is big enough? and they have a decent stage...[/quote']

The Forum does have an installed rig.

sound in the forum's usually a bit shit though, eh?

tunnels: too small. how many folk were at the gig on sunday night? perhaps, ohhh, 50 or 60 odd? i've no idea. actually, come to think of it, we never got paid.... but eveyone would be crammed in - no way to admire all the evening wear and ballgowns....

sat or friday - that's the question. it was a friday night last year, eh? and a saturday the year before. i think saturday might work best - more time to get ready :)

i'm working on the entertainment too. three bands. i wonder who we'll pick... :)

Well if there wasn't any underagers admitted then everyone would fit in The Tunnels. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa. Gotcha!

tbh, chances are im the only underager that would want to go

The Forum is the best venue stucture wise, layout wise, size wise, stagee wise, and accoustic wise.

The problem is that the house rig is pish and too small, and everytime someone hires in a rig it's also too small. You need a 20K rig to do it right. Then it would ROCK!

The trick would be to hire a nice Funktion One rig from your old friend Nick Taylor or Taylored Sound. I'm sure that he would do you a good deal.

Then you have the best of all worlds.

It's also cheap to hire, in fact they usually do it for nothing and score off the bar takings.

One more question. If any pirates wanted to attend would they be premitted to dress as pirates?

sound in the forum's usually a bit shit though' date=' eh?

tunnels: too small. how many folk were at the gig on sunday night? perhaps, ohhh, 50 or 60 odd? i've no idea. actually, come to think of it, we never got paid.... but eveyone would be crammed in - no way to admire all the evening wear and ballgowns....

sat or friday - that's the question. it was a friday night last year, eh? and a saturday the year before. i think saturday might work best - more time to get ready :)

i'm working on the entertainment too. three bands. i wonder who we'll pick... :)[/quote']

The Forum is too much like a school assembly hall' date=' and the choice of draft beer is rotten. You can have Carlsberg or...Carlsberg! I may have seen a Guinness tap there once, but that was most likely just for show.[/quote']

what's wrong with Carlsberg? :(

having said that, i'm sick of having to pull pints of the stuff already... quite why they hired someone as utterly useless behind a bar as me is beyond me :p Though...you get the occasional genius coming up and going "aye, pint of tennents min..", only to look utterly hurt when you ask them where they saw a tennents tap :D

Lemon Tree would seem to be the most sensible place if it's available though, otherwise it'd be a toss up between moshulu and the forum in my book. I suppose the forum has the advantage of being bigger, with a big stage so it has the "big time" feel about it, but at the same time, moshulu seems like more of the kind of place that would hold such nonsense..

(and how shocking, i work in the place, yet didn't know there was an installed rig...probably because I've only ever seen people with their own rigs there).

Daywise, i'd prefer a friday, saturdays do nothing for me..

Just please, not the tunnels, it's waaaaaaay too cramped.

aye but can ye not pre arrange it so that it is a "special" its not difficult to open the club at 11.30 to a full house, its only one hour (!)

many nights the club doesnt open till 11.20 or so due to bands being in, so whats the prob??

if the djs/club promoters knwo that it will be an hour late (for a great cause) then whats the problem??