aberdeen-music

Jobs

Untitled

Guest MerryChristmas
you do not know him so do not judge. it is quite difficult to find jobs in reading' date=' esp if you lack in experince. i have lots of experince but i was out of work for 9 months, trying constantly.

not everyone has things just fall into their laps[/quote']

OOh yeh sorry, I didnt realise it was in reading. Still 4 years? laziness :down:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Software Developer for a small company in Bridage of Don, hours can be pretty intense, just finished about 2 months of 60+ hour weeks in order to hit a release date, but it is a pretty cool job - Went to uni to do computing, so im happy enough to be in a job doing what I like.

Now i just have to pay off the 18k ish student loan.....

Software Developer for a small company in Bridage of Don' date=' hours can be pretty intense, just finished about 2 months of 60+ hour weeks in order to hit a release date, but it is a pretty cool job - Went to uni to do computing, so im happy enough to be in a job doing what I like.

Now i just have to pay off the 18k ish student loan.....[/quote']

I think I'd quit my job with that prospect and check out dole queue life! :D

Guest MerryChristmas
but 3 of those years were spent at college' date='

it wasnt as if i was sitting on my arse doing nothing[/quote']

Some of us worked whilst at college and some of us once finished college found work in a month or so, even a year is sheer laziness and if you say its not youre deluding yourself.

Some of us worked whilst at college and some of us once finished college found work in a month or so' date=' even a year is sheer laziness and if you say its not youre deluding yourself.[/quote']

Perhaps he was waiting to find the right job, as opposed to taking any old crap job? You can't comment without knowing his circumstances - heck, it took me ages to find a job that was willing to be flexible with the fact that i suffer from ridiculously crippling migraines at times. They asked me to be honest with how often they occur - and if there's any way that i can work around them. My er...needs? were compatible with what they wanted, and so we were both happy - but it took ages finding someone who was as understanding as that and who offered the right opportunity.

Even if it is laziness, who are you to judge? It's his life.

Some of us worked whilst at college and some of us once finished college found work in a month or so' date=' even a year is sheer laziness and if you say its not youre deluding yourself.[/quote']

Its not uncommon for graduates to take a while to find a job in their area of expertise. And after studying for 3 years evryone wants a holiday.

Guest MerryChristmas
Perhaps he was waiting to find the right job' date=' as opposed to taking any old crap job? You can't comment without knowing his circumstances - heck, it took me ages to find a job that was willing to be flexible with the fact that i suffer from ridiculously crippling migraines at times. They asked me to be honest with how often they occur - and if there's any way that i can work around them. My er...needs? were compatible with what they wanted, and so we were both happy - but it took ages finding someone who was as understanding as that and who offered the right opportunity.

Even if it is laziness, who are you to judge? It's his life.[/quote']

If you need money you would take a 'crap' job over no job at all. You seem to be full of excuses too why not start your own company creating excuses - for those who cant because they are lying on the floor with crippling bollock ache

Where did I judge anybody? Please do repost the text which indicates that I am judging someone.

Its not uncommon for graduates to take a while to find a job in their area of expertise.

Yes but whilst they are waiting they could have found a job, any job and trust me there are a lot about, to add on to his cv when he did finally get one in his field of expertise.

Your point about the holiday or gap year is completely valid, people do want to get away after 3 years of study.

i finished at one job in april 2002, went to college in september then after 3 years of education i finished this year in june. and finally got employed in november 2005

i was seeking employment all throughout this time period

countless application forms, countless c.v's and all i got was a total of 3 interviews, the third of which finally got me a job.

so no, i never took a 'break' from looking, it was very frustrating but i kept going.

as for being lazy or not trying hard enough, i can understand that from an outsiders point of view it would look like i to be a slacker. but thats simply not the case. i kept trying continously dispite very little response from any of the jobs i applied for, and self doubt crept in as after a while i began to wonder what was with me to no have found employment. im sure even any one of you would seriously doubt what is wrong with you if you got turned down continously for 3 years.

meh, i could go on for a while, but i dont feel that i would ever get my point across

i finished at one job in april 2002' date=' went to college in september then after 3 years of education i finished this year in june. and finally got employed in november 2005

countless application forms, countless c.v's and all i got was a total of 3 interviews, the third of which finally got me a job.

so no, i never took a 'break' from looking, it was very frustrating but i kept going.

as for being lazy or not trying hard enough, i can understand that from an outsiders point of view it would look like i to be a slacker. but thats simply not the case. i kept trying continously dispite very little response from any of the jobs i applied for, and self doubt crept in as after a while i began to wonder what was with me to no have found employment. im sure even any one of you would seriously doubt what is wrong with you if you got turned down continously for 3 years.

meh, i could go on for a while, but i dont feel that i would ever get my point across[/quote']

Yep, sounds like a slacker to me

i finished at one job in april 2002' date=' went to college in september then after 3 years of education i finished this year in june. and finally got employed in november 2005

meh, i could go on for a while, but i dont feel that i would ever get my point across[/quote']

It's all about the interviews.... a wink here, a cheeky smile there, tactical leg-crossing.. an in-depth knowledge of the job etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Next week I should get taxed a whole 70p...

I would hate to be taxed just 70p, because basically it means your making fuck all money.

The more tax your paying, the more money your making, though i am currently not paying tax or making money at this point in time I quit my job 2 weeks ago. Smart move on my part coming up for christmas and all. :down: