aberdeen-music

Jobs

Untitled

After finally managing to obtain a new form of employment after trying for almost 4 years i've remembered what its like to earn money for myself again :)

so what i ask is, whats your job and is it worth it for the amount you get paid?

i work in thorntans stock room and im responsible for stock rotation, deliveries and moving stock to the shop floors. for this i earn just over 6 quid :gringo:

not bad for a part time job

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in a weatherhouse which tbh when i first started i thought YAAAAAAAAAWWN this shit is foookin boring GEOGRAPHY my god all i remember about geography from school was the teacher had discolored marks under every shirt because of his sweaty pits.... Now you would think his b.o would be bad but my god its his breath i remember.........

Anywho its an awsome job now like as we are a japanese owned company who have access to satalites circling earth etc etc which we have access to..

We also do all the graphix for NorthTonight Grampian etc you will notice our 'WNI' logo in the bottom right of the screen when the weather is on.....

We also feature on tv most saturdays in the winter due to our Upto the minute technology and satelite imagery.......

Btw This is not going to be the coldest winter ever .............. Thats just a lie as marks and spencer have a line of winter wear they need rid off so they paid the met office to say that.....LOL... Jk obviously.....

Who needs geography when you can divulge in japanese shizzle all day......... Yet as it appears im spending more of my time in here these days being slated by "The Perfect People" :help:

I work seasonally (which means only a couple of times a month at the moment) at Asda which is pretty boring but the people are nice.

Also temping as a receptionist in various places, which pays better and I'm always a newbie which means that everyone's patient with me and I can be anti-social and have it passed off for nervous shyness. Ha.

I work in a weatherhouse which tbh when i first started i thought YAAAAAAAAAWWN this shit is foookin boring GEOGRAPHY my god all i remember about geography from school was the teacher had discolored marks under every shirt because of his sweaty pits.... Now you would think his b.o would be bad but my god its his breath i remember.........

you never went to northfield did you?

I work for an IT company in bridge of don, doing web app support and some development. Most of our work is for BP but we also do stuff for Scottish Water, Total, Scottish Power, Shell and a few other companies.

Not the most exciting job in the world but it's what I did at Uni and satisfies my geek tendencies a little.

i'm vice-president (education) on the glasgow university students representative council. i get paid a salary of about 12k which works out at about 850 in my pocket at the end of the month. It's a sabbatical position for 1 year which I was elected into and which I started in July. I find the job extremely satisfying at times and frustrating at others. Sometimes you feel you're making a difference, other times you think it's all a waste of time but I have a positive outlook on life and that, coupled with hard work, ensure that things will be a little bit better for the students here when I leave at the end of the year.

Spoons

/x

I work in the photo lab in boots garthdee

pretty cool job really, i do all the work in the lab developing the photos and serving customers, just under 6 an hour so not too bad pay, and it looks a lot more fun than working on the shop floor (in boots, or somewhere like asda or any other supermarket)

David

I've kinda destroyed my finances already this year, but my uni timetable has a decent amount of free hours - anyone know any places looking for staff in aberdeen?

I was a postman for the summer a year and a half ago, wouldn't recommend it, even if it was 300 a week. Worked for a temp agency this summer, got payed between roughly 300 a week too, but it varied a bit. Easiest job with them was parking hire cars at Edinburgh airport for 8 an hour!

Tell me about it! I work in Debenhams' date=' can either be great fun, a piss about or serioulsy hard work. Although Time and a half on sundays, going up to triple or more time on special days (new year, xmas eve, boxing day).

Woop.[/quote']

aha, so do i!

i work as a merchandiser for debenhams, 6-10 sat n sun nights....i also do the loading bay 9-2 sat n sun mornings.

good pay, work's a bit of a laugh....can't complain :rockon:

we get paid THAT much on special days? fuck me....