aberdeen-music

Good News for Jester, Bad News for Music Fans Everywhere

Guest DustyDeviada

Actually I'm not a huge Genesis fan at all (except Ray Wilson era) but from what I've gathered isnt the point that Collins will only do it if its the classic line up' date=' ie Peter Gabriel on vocals and Steve Hackett back on guitar

[url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/4415808.stm

Also Steve Hackett was saying that for the first time in a long time Hit and Run have been contacting him, so who knows.

It could be interesting, they would be doing it for the fun, none of them (well maybe Steve Hackett) need the money so it might be interesting.

Cheers

Stuart

Yeah yeah whatever. To my dying day I'll never understand why people can't mind their own sodding business. If you don't like Genesis don't buy a ticket.

I was going to "mind my own sodding business" until I read this.

Phil Collins is a c*nt. I hope they infect the tickets to the comeback gigs (ie, the "artistically bankrupt reunion tour") with MRSA and bird flu.

I was going to "mind my own sodding business" until I read this.

Phil Collins is a c*nt. I hope they infect the tickets to the comeback gigs (ie' date=' the "artistically bankrupt reunion tour") with MRSA and bird flu.[/quote']

I can't stand his music, but it's classic british "hate the sucessful".

I hardly think mr Collins is short of a bob, with all the lolly he;ll be getting fromt he lion king, or whatever disney pish he wrote.

I think alf the "banter" towards phil collins is just that, how can you hate someone, if you don't actually know him ?

He might be a really nice guy, that help people, where ever he can...

or, he might be partial to a bit of necrophillia / scatology / dwarf tossing, we just don't know.

his music does send me to sleep mind, but I can't hate him and his fans for that.

Guest bluesxman

While I would love it if Phil Collins' entire musical legacy was confined to being the great drummer for Genesis when I was too young to know about it, unfortunately I had to endure when he was the whiny voiced 'singer' for Genesis who proceeded to assail us with his nauseating solo career.

Is the talk of him being the drummer? Are they getting Peter Gabriel to wear the flower costume or is that the wrong line up? That would be quality. Are they each getting to include their solo stuff in the sets? Get as much Gabriel stuff in there as possible to edge out Collins.

You may have realised I don't like Phil Collins much.

Guest DustyDeviada
I can't stand his music' date=' but it's classic british "hate the sucessful".

I hardly think mr Collins is short of a bob, with all the lolly he;ll be getting fromt he lion king, or whatever disney pish he wrote.

I think alf the "banter" towards phil collins is just that, how can you hate someone, if you don't actually know him ?

[/quote']

I can genuinely say that I am not jealous of Phil Collins for his success/money. There are plenty of musicians who are much more succesful/wealthy who I have tremendous respect for, say Paul McCartney or Elton John. They seem like decent blokes. However, here are ten sound reasons to hate Phil Collins:

1. Playing both Live Aids and feeling very pleased with himself about it.

2. Playing all the instruments on the "Both Sides" album just to show off (even though he can't play guitar and his keyboard/guitar simulations were awful).

3. Miami Vice

4. "Discovering" world music about 15 years after Paul Simon and Peter Gabriel, and releasing a Graceland knock-off. On the plus side, that seemed to kill off his career, record sales wise, so it wasn't all bad.

5. Yes, we know you played the Artful Dodger in Oliver. Stop going on about it at every available opportunity in an attempt to paint yourself as a loveable, cocney, cheeky-chappie. Beacuse you're not.

6. Tarzan, although it did lead to the hilarous post-awards reaction from South Park's Trey Parker & Matt Stone ("I can't believe we lost to Phil Collins") and subsequent ridicule in South Park

7. Dumping his wife by fax and shagging his nanny

8. He, along with his Genesis co-horts (Gabriel excluded) bought a sizeable section of Mull. They allowed the planting of thousands of non indigenous pine trees that managed to turn the land into an acidy swamp that nothing could live off.

9. The lyrics to Another Day in Paradise

10. Buster

Who did Genesis get to drum when Phil Collins left?

They could get him in' date=' let Peter Gabriel sing and it would be a Collins free zone.[/quote']

The Genesis Drummer when Phil left was a guy called Nir Z, a very, very good drummer(but a silly name), but he didnt always play drums live for them, Chester Thompson did I think.

Cheers

Stuart

Yes' date=' the action is too high on my one, rendering it unplayable.

I assume that's what you are referring to? o_O[/quote']

There are always Eko guitar's like that on ebay, and they nearly always have something wrong with them, broken headstock, warped neck etc. :down:

Guest DustyDeviada
There are always Eko guitar's like that on ebay' date=' and they nearly always have something wrong with them, broken headstock, warped neck etc. :down:[/quote']

Actually I was joking, the action on my one is fine, it's a good instrument.

I saw one in a shop in Denmark Street in London selling for a couple of hundred quid a few years ago.