aberdeen-music

Help. my sky is making a really annoying noise

Marc

Most Sky problems are fixed with the following.

1) switch off with remote

2) switch off at mains

3) Take out card

4) wait 10 seconds

5) Put card back in

6) wait a minute

7) switch it all back on again

it'll take a while to load back up but that seriously fixes most problems :)

you missed out "wipe card with soft cloth".

That's actually what the sky helpline tell you to do when it stops working anyway.

you missed out "wipe card with soft cloth".

That's actually what the sky helpline tell you to do when it stops working anyway.

The sky helpline is bloody hopeless. The amount of times i've called it, i think i have the full sky training.

If switching off the box doesn't help, they reboot the system. If that fails, they don't give a damn.

Ive been a sky customer for mulitple years now but recently moved house now heres where they are idiots to have my sky transfered it was gonna cost major poundage which imo seemed harsh..... So after a suggestion from the mother in law i phoned em told them i was cancelling my sky and i was gonna get a free digi-box as i wasnt happy with them for charging me more than it would cost for me to sign up again as a new member (it was actually free at the time) ...The lady asked me to hold the line came back a minute later and said it would be tranfered freee........ Made me wonder how many peeps have actually went head and paid to have it transfered when in reality it shouldnt cost jack shit...,..,,.,,..,.

Ive been a sky customer for mulitple years now but recently moved house now heres where they are idiots to have my sky transfered it was gonna cost major poundage which imo seemed harsh..... So after a suggestion from the mother in law i phoned em told them i was cancelling my sky and i was gonna get a free digi-box as i wasnt happy with them for charging me more than it would cost for me to sign up again as a new member (it was actually free at the time) ...The lady asked me to hold the line came back a minute later and said it would be tranfered freee........ Made me wonder how many peeps have actually went head and paid to have it transfered when in reality it shouldnt cost jack shit...' date='..,,.,,..,.[/quote']

Yeh, their evil plan didn't work on us :D