aberdeen-music

Hot Mangu + Samurai Fury + Shutter + Port Of Saints : Sat 12th @ The Moorings

turbodude

I must say i thought hot mangu were the band of the night. Shutter really surprised me too cos i thought they were a pop punk band for some reason? I couldn't help thinking that a singer wouldn't go a miss tho but the musicianship was all there. Thought our set (samurai fury) was alright too but i was playing through some totally gash sounding amp with a kind of early 80's soft rock crunch tone instead of my usual crank it to 11 tone but a good night over all i'd say!

We're on the free fudge 10 cd so go and buy it! :D

shutter were absolute dirge. every song sounded the same' date=' there was fucking no point to it, it was boring, pretentious, wanky, dreary and dull. i couldn't wait to get to the end of their set. was impressed by port of saints, they were much better than i was expecting, and different. was expecting dreary indie in the vain of shutter i guess, but instead got rock goodness. samurai fury rocked! and the gu were entertaining as usual. the fanzine is great! highly entertaining![/quote']

each to their own

i would say shutter were far the best sounding band of the night though. but if you are into you rmore straightforward rock/stadium rock/uuuh ooh type choruses then you may or may not have the patience for it. i thought thay had some brilliant melodies and the guitars and bass worked VERY well together, they have a brilliant ear for penning layers. surely you can appreciate that mel??

as for the others not really my thing at all, pos are still cutting their teeth, but had a couple of bits i liked, could really do with getting their sound right/tuning etc

Thanks to those who watched our set on Saturday. It was our first time with Shutterin Aberdeen and we enjoyed it.

Why do dreary instrumental rock bands always have one morbidly obese member?

Like what dreary instrumental rock bands??? I listen to most genres of music and i've not come across many "morbidly obsese" members in instrumental bands....Why does it even matter what someone looks like?

shutter were absolute dirge. every song sounded the same, there was fucking no point to it, it was boring, pretentious, wanky, dreary and dull. i couldn't wait to get to the end of their set. was impressed by port of saints, they were much better than i was expecting, and different. was expecting dreary indie in the vain of shutter i guess, but instead got rock goodness. samurai fury rocked! and the gu were entertaining as usual. the fanzine is great! highly entertaining!

Your entitled to your opinion but I'd argue our songs are definetly not all the same..but i would say that wouldn't i ? Each to their own and i respect your opinion...enjoy rocking out to 'motley crue' and 'the darkness' :p :P :p

I'm only kidding. In all seriousness we had a blast and would love to come back..

peace

Your entitled to your opinion but I'd argue our songs are definetly not all the same..but i would say that wouldn't i ? Each to their own and i respect your opinion...enjoy rocking out to 'motley crue' and 'the darkness' :p :P :p

hahahahahaaha :laughing: each to their own tastes

I'm only kidding. In all seriousness we had a blast and would love to come back..

give us a shout when you are looking, 110% believe in what you guys are doing.

• 2 weeks later...
i was playing through some totally gash sounding amp with a kind of early 80's soft rock crunch tone instead of my usual crank it to 11 tone

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Engl/Powerball_100_Head-01.html

http://www.engl-amps.com/engl-amps/amps/tube_heads/powerball/default.htm

Yeah avoid these at all costs, absolutely everyone hates them *COUGH* :)

sorry i meant that the sound i got from the settings wasn't my usual cos i've got a marshall tsl60h at home and i know home to get the sound i like out of it but there were just to many buttons on that one i got confused... :D

Bring your own Marshall head along next time... or alternatively ask us to swap our Marshall head over to the other side (only problem is that it's a DSL).