aberdeen-music

Hot Mangu + Samurai Fury + Shutter + Port Of Saints : Sat 12th @ The Moorings

turbodude

Hot Mangu + Samurai Fury + Shutter + Port Of Saints @ fudgenight november

12th november 2005

saturday night

at the moorings, down by the harbour. don't be scared, it's lovely...

four bands, four quid, dj's til 1am.

fabulous quality beers you can't get anywhere else and a real life pirate in charge. could you wish for more?

starts 9pm

:rockon:

Guest bluesxman
two fifty. 68 page a5 zine and a cdr with' date=' ermm, 22 tracks. i think it is. fuckin' bargin!

interviews with black atom, stayover, radio lucifer, bouncing souls, rezillos, karloff, my minds weapon, 10 easy wishes, and heaps more, etc etc etc[/quote']

Is this publication only available at The Moorings?

next month: TOXIC FX + OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE (manchester) + RED MAN WALKING + DEADLOSS SUPERSTAR

HOLY FUCK - NOW THAT'S A VERY SPECIAL LINE UP!!!

And this is how you spell Toxik Ephex. It's OK I was managing them for 4 months before that sunk in... And -even better - this time we're getting the full line up :) They might even rehrearse and bring working instruments... with strings... they might even collect their instruments from last time!

shutter were absolute dirge. every song sounded the same, there was fucking no point to it, it was boring, pretentious, wanky, dreary and dull. i couldn't wait to get to the end of their set. was impressed by port of saints, they were much better than i was expecting, and different. was expecting dreary indie in the vain of shutter i guess, but instead got rock goodness. samurai fury rocked! and the gu were entertaining as usual. the fanzine is great! highly entertaining!

shutter were absolute dirge. every song sounded the same' date=' there was fucking no point to it, it was boring, pretentious, wanky, dreary and dull. i couldn't wait to get to the end of their set. was impressed by port of saints, they were much better than i was expecting, and different. was expecting dreary indie in the vain of shutter i guess, but instead got rock goodness. samurai fury rocked! and the gu were entertaining as usual. the fanzine is great! highly entertaining![/quote']

She must be a witch, burn the heretic!

Why do dreary instrumental rock bands always have one morbidly obese member? Port of Saints were nae bad though. One day I'll get to see Samurai Fury. One day.....

Like who? i'm pretty big into "dreary instrumental rock", but can only think of Mogwai's Stuart Braithwait being slighty tubby. Although the increasing smack intake will sort that one out soon. Maybe you are confusing Bowling for Soup as a post rock band

Port of Saints and Samurai Fury were gash in my opinion, had to shoot before Hot Mangu played unfortunately

I thought that Shutter were really good actually, not what I was expecting at all when I heard that they were instrumental rock, and Chris is mighty sorry about spilling one of their pints.

I thought our set was alright, it was a shame that Chris' guitar went mental and out of tune on the last song, and my phaser decided to die halfway through the set aswell.