aberdeen-music

Things to do in Brussels?

Guest neil ex

Guest neil ex

I'm going to Brussels for five days this Thursday. I've seen plenty of useful sites online, but I'm wanting to do a bit more reading before I go (very short notice). What must I see in Brussels?

I've heard trains are regularly available, and cheap, to Brugge, Paris, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Cologne, so I'm thinking of going on a day trip. Which out of those destinations would be good to visit in one day?

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

I've got two weeks paid holiday off work. I'll fly back to Glasgow and see my friends for a few days and see Melt Banana on the Friday. I'm feeling well chuffed right now!

Guest neil ex

I've spent about four hours in Paris and i loved it! I'll definitely go back but I'd like to spend a bit longer there I think. So I'm thinking of some where else maybe.

What would you do in Paris in one day?

Guest onlynik

I hear that Paris is a riot. I'd go to Amsterdam there's plenty to do and its cheaper than Paris. Oh and their english is better.

Koln is also good. Try and see if there is a train to Copenhagen, as this is a bueatiful city, though slightly more expensive.

Guest neil ex

Melt Banana is this Friday. I fucked that up. I'm going to have to miss that. I was thinking it was the Friday after I get back. Fuck! It's a mini disaster, but not the end of the world. I think I've arranged everything else ok. I feel stupid!

ta for replies!

There are a few good expos on in Paris at the moment. There's the big Star Wars one at la Villette, which is apparantly very good. I think the Dada expo is still on at the Pompodou, idem. At the moment, Paris is very pretty, and the weather's been ok. Paris is also not burning, despite what the BBC may be telling you. Sitting on the Champs Elyses all day would be great, if you had 4 euros for every coffee you bought, and didn't mind the tourists and phoney beggars.