aberdeen-music

Computers

Guest onlynik

Guest onlynik

Don't you hate when you try to do something which should make your machine better, but all you do is actually totally trash it with shitty software then you spend the rest of the evening trying to fix the problem.

Guest onlynik
yeh...my comps internet broke today for a while...grr it!

It was all my own doing, which is even more galling, that sinking feeling in your stomach, knowing you've fucked up.

Guest onlynik
depends on what you were trying to do

Hopefully I'll be going on this at the end of the month

http://www.itsecuritytraining.com/PenEthical.htm

as for what I was doing, I was resizing the partition of one of the HD, but the app crashed and didn't finish the resize properly, then it reset the MBR, so it wouldn't boot with out the apps OWN boot disk. I couldn't get in to the windows recovery console straight away as I had a mirror setup on the system disk (and the raid controller isn't recognised by windows setup) I had to dissolve the mirror change ide channels and fix the MBR.

Its mostly fixed, the mirror isn't working, but I'll attempt that later. Oh and I was building another machine at the same time ( which is why I was resizing the partitions in the first place)

Guest onlynik
it appears to be a startech ieee-1394 firewire card.

never expect a 5-10 minute job where a fudge computer is concerned.

B00006B8C3.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

One of these. It'll allow you to transfer you home movies to the PC. Mmmmmm Fudge Films

Guest blackadder

Can give anyone a chrash course in computers......providing that u bring ur own sledge hammor! hee hee i'm fresh out after laptop had a hissy fit Sunday Morning lol....System Recovery was needed lol hee hee.....Internet explorer gave up lol and it took me five minutes cmpared to half an hour on the phone to some stupid cmpany saying it was my bloody ISP software that had fucked up....christ sake and their surpost to be the experts lol....Fi x

as for what I was doing' date=' I was resizing the partition of one of the HD, but the app crashed and didn't finish the resize properly, then it reset the MBR, so it wouldn't boot with out the apps OWN boot disk.[/quote']

That's happened to me before. Took me fucking ages to get it fixed.

Personally, Ifind the worst thing is when you have a super slow computer, you put new stuff in it (new processor, motherboard etc.) and something clearly is faulty and causes your computer to RANDOMLY crash. It's so frustrating when you're typing something and it just goes to the blue screen of death, just like what happened as I was typing this for the first time :(