aberdeen-music

Recommend me some dirty D'n'B

medichi

I wanna hear some dirty, aggressive Drum N Bass, but have no idea where to start. It has to be a bit off the mainstream, but not approaching the like of Venetian Snares etc who I find to be unlistenable for any prolonged period. I ripped an "Essential DnB" comp offa the net, which has some good stuff, but I don't know who any of the artist are...

have a listen to http://www.dnbradio.com, and check the schedule for live shows, they are usually excellent. Listening to the automated playlist between shows is a good way to hear a wide range of stuff and pick up the artist/track names, there is usally plenty of freshly released tracks in there. A particular favourite of mine is "Kief Science presented by Valis live" on thursdays - the guy plays nonstop 8 hour sets of the more intelligent/upmarket/less well known stuff, well worth a listen, for the tunes aswell as the mixing skills!

oh yeah if you want the dark nasty stuff check out anything by Noisia, Raiden, Break, Total Science, A-Sides to name a few good artists.

Some of the darker tracks I've been enjoying recently include

Vicious Circle & Corrupt Souls - Shadrock

Break - Submerged

Break - Diffusion

Raiden - 6 Foot Ditch

Gremlinz & Stranjah - Tingz

Don't bother with compilation albums, all the best stuff is on 12" singles.

Another shoutcast station with good live shows worth checking out is http://www.bassdrive.com, the xodus show on tuesdays with dj XO is awesome.