aberdeen-music

The new Slipknot album

Hog

I totally meant to make a thread about this ages ago, i got it on monday, and after evetually finding it in the mass that was the Band rooms in moshulu from halloween, i dont think i've gone a day without listening to it.

First and foremost-They are so fucking tight.

Absolute precision from beggining to end, its hard to believe at points there are 9 musicians all completely at one on the record.

I was worried when i heard all the songs were taken from different gigs, but i think it works better for them, less stapling the album to one city and point in time. I was also worried about coreys voice, i didnt think he could pull it live, especially after seeing the disasterpieces dvd, he gets so tired towards the end of the gig and just grunts his way through the last few songs. I guess because of the way this was recorded and put together you dont get any of that, so its quite cool.

fucking ace live album, and maybe when my heads plugged in better i'll harp on about it a bit more.

Definitly worth a buy for anyone with even a passing intrest in the 'knot tho.

will be buying it soon' date=' love the know and a little annoyed i have to wait a few good years before the next album

but yus

coreys voice has improved greatly since the disaster pieces dvd[/quote']

Yeah, he does really well in "before I forget". Lots of screams and roars too, quality :rockon:

pick up the pain

It's brilliant.

If you like the 'Knot, you'll love this.

It's a really good tracklisting as well. A good mix of old and new, and the final surge of Spit it Out, People = Shit, Get This, Wait & Bleed and Surfacing is pretty hard to beat.

The drumming is seriously out of this world. In fact, all of the performances are amazing.

A late contender for album of the year, I say.

'Mon the slippers! :rockon: