aberdeen-music

New Recording from STAYOVER

Guest Bob

Recently we finished an audacious four track EP called 'A Quiet Night Out With The Bedroom Superstars'.

I've just uploaded two of the tracks I Found You and What I Deserved to our myspace account here: http://www.myspace.com/stayover

We will be playing on the 12th of November @ Moshulu with Caffeine. You will not be able to purchase our CD at the gig, but you will be able to hear the sweet sweet sounds of Stayover and see our lovely fresh faces.

That is all.

Very impressive! Where was this recorded?

Loved the use of clean guitar in I Found You, to give a more laid back feel, strangely makes me think of the Ataris, dont know why though. It's the kind of song i'd listen to if i had problems with my girlfriend, its got its sad element, but strangely is very positive, especially from the quiet breakdown onwards....loved the Dr Drakes reference too!

What I Deserved took a few listens, it reminds me of Motion City Soundtrack, with a shade of Death Cab for Cutie a little bit, quite a bit punkier and more upbeat than them though. Loved the trade-off of lines in the pre-chorus bits. The outro sounds huge....very well written song!

It's good stuff, i really enjoy it. Well done!

It was recorded at Exile. In fact, I think it's the last record to ever come out of that studio...

Anyway, thanks for all the kind words, it's not often someone says something positive about your music on here.

:)

Not my kind of thing from a musical style point of view but the quality of the recording cannot be faulted. Sounds very professional - great effort. Do you guys want me to swap out the song you have on the radio play list for one of these new tracks? If so, which track do you want put up?

Crap. Which I can't do because it is listen only. So' date=' either make the song downloadable on purevolume, stick it up on stayover.net or e-mail it to me.[/quote']

Yeah man, I'll e-mail you at [removed].

Exiles closing? shame that. the Noise Pollution EP was recorded there' date=' it sounded good. shame about the shit songs we had![/quote']

Not closing - closed. Mark is opening another studio at his house which is in the sticks. Let's hope it's a good one eh?