aberdeen-music

The Music Show

Guest Les Stroszek

Guest Les Stroszek

Anyone see the Music Show thingy on BBC 2 tonight. Almost worth staying in for. The Ballboy song sounds like it was written in 1987 plus they are the most unlikely looking band so I like them a bit but Aberfeldy are crazy twee, whacksters. Horrible. But good show so far. Belle & Sebastian were good though.Good guitar solo anyway.

Watch it!

And here's a reason for watching next week. Ziggy, for those who 'remember' Drake's and know staccato set, will be appearing with his other outfit 'Found', Kev Sim will be there as well. Catch them doing some daft dancing to their tune 'Found Can Move' which can be heard on there Myspace place. Should be a giggle. I thought it was a pretty fine show with a rather cute presenter!

:love:

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mr Blastcap

were drive by argument the bad with the singing keyboard bloke that hi-fived the other guitar player as they started playing? they were funny, it looked like an excercise routine rather than a band. The woman from the Delgados was good though, and i fucking hated the Delgados.

Guest Mr Blastcap

i've got a meeting in the new year with bbc scotland to discuss "blast off with Blastcap", which will hopefully be a kind of spasticated version of later with Jools holland. what happens is i get the shittest bands i can find, make them play somewhere remote (maybe a shed in Kennethmont) and then i interview ( slur drunkenly) them about the PRS, DIY ethics, creating a buzz without the use of a beehive and the merits of AC acoustics first album.

Ideally for the first show i would have-

lightning bolt

stayover

Radio lucifer

Mark Arm talking about knitting

Del Franklin on wine and the internet

(break for adverts)

Biz drum tutorial (flashy editing/multiple angles) SHOUTING!

MMW

Ian Mcullochs hair tips

round up of 7" singles while i shout about not having a record player

Chris officers weekly "handy tips" slot

grand finale

R.Kelly covering some Sidca tunes.

end credits

i dont think its perfect, but as an idea for a program its not too bad

i'll let you all know how i get on.

Guest Mr Blastcap

and there may also be a section called "cheer up Al , lifes not that bad really" as mad Al Shivers meets truly creative and inspiring skate punker emo kids from myspace and beats them to death with his cricket bat in full Rugby gear.

I'll stop now.

i'm going to change the end credits bit' date=' instead i'm going to strap a camera to Jackie Birds head and play all the bits where she staggers about pubs spilling gin on her tits and snorting cocaine[/quote']

fucking great, Ive seen her doing that, she was like half stroke victim half ostrich painted dayglo orange

fucking big nosed dork

Guest Mr Blastcap
Hey Blastcap' date=' can't you get Pete of Red by Choice megafame to make a return to the music scene and have a handy section on how to promote your band and make them a megahugemegasuccess?[/quote']

i cant comment, its a good plan but i dont want to go off topic and get moderated ! arf, i dunno he's a bit of a twat anyhow.