aberdeen-music

Resident Evil 4

Guest Bailz

Ok, so you can get the controller for PS2 also...

I personally dont think the PS2 has the graphical power...or enough power fullstop to run it as good as GC...at least it wasnt released at the same time as the GC one...the PS2 woulda dragged the graphics down a bit..

(sorry but we all know the PS2 pales in comparison to the power of GC or Xbox...)

I officially have too much money (or not enough common sense) as i just bought it for PS2 today even though i own it for GC.

I just cant resist getting it for the extra content (which will no doubt be a load of crap).

BTW the GC controller is so much better than the PS2 pad im finding it really difficult to adjust but seeing as im a ResiGod im sure i will cope.

Hmm. I'm a big Resi Evil fan, but the new one is pissing me off - whats up with the INSANELY slow movement/action etc? I want to be barrel-rolling, blowing zombie heads off with my 12-gauge, and instead I'm pissing about with this fucking laser guided system, while the undead sneek up behind me like fucking ninjas, while crappy farmer rejects from old atari ST side scrolling shooters lob molatov cocktails.

Not impressed so far.

And if I wanted that irritating dialogue, I'd have bought a Metal Gear game......

Hmm. I'm a big Resi Evil fan' date=' but the new one is pissing me off - whats up with the INSANELY slow movement/action etc? I want to be barrel-rolling, blowing zombie heads off with my 12-gauge, and instead I'm pissing about with this fucking laser guided system, while the undead sneek up behind me like fucking ninjas, while crappy farmer rejects from old atari ST side scrolling shooters lob molatov cocktails.

Not impressed so far.

And if I wanted that irritating dialogue, I'd have bought a Metal Gear game......[/quote']

Capcom tried it with faster, more varied movement like strafing but found it was too much like a generic FPS. The slow aiming and movement is meant to add to the tension. That said, it gets a bit boring shooting at zombies then running away, turning round and shooting some more. It would be incredibly easy if you could circle strafe them at quake 3 speed picking them off. Some say the movement is an unneccessarily artifical constraint. You get used to it after a while, I don't find it as annoying as other Resident Evil games

Capcom tried it with faster' date=' more varied movement like strafing but found it was too much like a generic FPS. The slow aiming and movement is meant to add to the tension. That said, it gets a bit boring shooting at zombies then running away, turning round and shooting some more. It would be incredibly easy if you could circle strafe them at quake 3 speed picking them off. Some say the movement is an unneccessarily artifical constraint. You get used to it after a while, I don't find it as annoying as other Resident Evil games[/quote']

I find the lack of strafing annoying also. I've taken to the more straight forward tactic: bullet to the head, kick them and then knife them while they're down. Seems to work quite well.

i almost had a gaming rage incident playing this damned thing today.

there really is nothing worse than getting through a nonstop torrent of zombies and two of those chainsaw wielding freaks only to die right before the next save point. i really hate those tentacled things that come out of the heads. they remind me of a car from jayce and the wheeled warriors for some reason.