aberdeen-music

fudge gig on sat 12 november at the moorings bar

The Ghost Of Fudge

yes, let's hope there's a fanzine to glance at, eh? looking odds-on i think...

HOT MANGU!

Formed in 2001, Hot Mangu are a crazed fusion of musical stylings, uniquely crafted and powerfully delivered. This high-energy foursome take elements of funk and hip-hop then merge them seamlessly with Rock and Metal - it's a tried and tested formula that works. Hot Mangu are a band with vision, drive and a real passion for their music. Hot Mangu are coming.... so make sure you're ready!

Self-styled 'splat metallers', Hot Mangu purvey an intoxicating blend of hard-rock, classic metal, rap and funk. Dangerous to those who loathe the groove, essential to those who live for life itself. These guys are genuinely vibrant and entertaining.'" (review from Aberdeen-Music.com)

"Hot Mangu simply played a blinder BTW. I thought they were good last time, but this time was in a league of it's own. Perhaps I've just led a sheltered life but IMO Hot Mangu are very original in terms of their musical style."

- flash (moorings bar)

Hot Mangu were something else as well, I've never heard anything like them before....

my mind has been expanded."

- addicted to chaos (bass player)

SAMURAI FURY!

www.samuraifury.com

Taking influences from bands like Guns n' Roses, The Wildhearts, Pantera and Tool, Samurai Fury would rightfully be described as an over the top Heavy rock n' Roll band. The music is jampacked with screamin' vocals, shreddin' guitar solos and a whole lot of testosterone. Definetly worth checkin' out!

SHUTTER!

http://www.myspace.com/shutterscotland

Shutter are a post-rock band that have spent 2005 making waves in Scotland. They began the year by exploding on both the Edinburgh & Highland music scenes.

Watching Shutter live can only be described as a unique experience. Guitarists Matt Campbell & Pete Macdonald fluidly work together (a sign of years of playing together) playing riffs that jump between the most melodic and heavy music you will ever hear.

Backed by the solid bass and the innovative drumming of brothers James and William Roberts gives Shutter an almost dance music groove making them accessible to the many people in the Scotland looking for something different.

PORT OF SAINTS!

http://www.myspace.com/portofsaints

Formed in 2002 by two flatmates, Jan and Chris, who had too much time on their hands and a 4 track. Several songs were written and gigs were played under the name Sin-. The band was on a forced sabbatical until March 2005 and were renamed Port of Saints, after the title of a William S. Burroughs novel.

The band's sound reflects a mixed bag of influences and musical tastes, with Velvet Underground style pop songs sitting alongside crunching indie rock.

SAMURAI FURY!

www.samuraifury.com

Taking influences from bands like Guns n' Roses' date=' The Wildhearts, Pantera and Tool, Samurai Fury would rightfully be described as an over the top Heavy rock n' Roll band. The music is jampacked with screamin' vocals, shreddin' guitar solos and a whole lot of testosterone. Definetly worth checkin' out![/quote']

See his testosterone? Is it in buckets like the blood that Karloff use? Do they hurl it into the crowd? Is it easy to clean up? Will it stain my trousers?

SHUTTER!

http://www.myspace.com/shutterscotland

Shutter are a post-rock band that have spent 2005 making waves in Scotland. They began the year by exploding on both the Edinburgh & Highland music scenes.

Watching Shutter live can only be described as a unique experience. Guitarists Matt Campbell & Pete Macdonald fluidly work together (a sign of years of playing together) playing riffs that jump between the most melodic and heavy music you will ever hear.

Backed by the solid bass and the innovative drumming of brothers James and William Roberts gives Shutter an almost dance music groove making them accessible to the many people in the Scotland looking for something different.

Here's another one that i used on a poster in elgin to describe them-

Joyous transcendent music played with reverence and humility by four people making one sound that moves the soul and presses tear ducts. Think Eska/Stapleton/Explosions in the Sky. Its Lovely

See his testosterone? Is it in buckets like the blood that Karloff use? Do they hurl it into the crowd? Is it easy to clean up? Will it stain my trousers?

Ahh... Stu's testosterone... Yeah he hurls it into the first couple of rows anyway, I've had my fair share of stu's onstage splattage, It usually just wipes off but it will stain your mind!! :D