aberdeen-music

DIY crust/grind etc?

Dan G

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The running order should be... My Minds Weapon' date=' Spike Pile Driver and finally Ascension.

That way, everyone could hear the Weapon for the shit hot musicianship, go for a piss during spike's set, but still be able to have a laugh from Jakey and Hog's banter, but before Ascension even touch the stage everyone could leave to catch the bus/get a taxi, sorted!

:rockon::band:[/quote']

hahaha!

Thats a superb post.

haha!

I think this show should go ahead but i think MMW nowadays tend to not play locally much which, to be honest, is fair enough.

Yeh' date=' I remember the Slayer gig back in March when Tom Araya INSISTED that all the under 18 year olds stuck their fingers in their ears when he implied something satanticy or swore. It got really annoying when there were 10 minute gaps in the set whilst he waited.

Us older folk were all "why are you here n00bs? This music isn't aimed at your age group. You and your peers are ruining the experience"[/quote']

:laughing:

brilliant.

Yet you state intellegence. Tell me dan where is the intelligence in singing about personal emotion/downfall in emo? I don't need someone's issues to listen to. Don't you realise that most people have enough on the case without taking other people's problems onboard too? That's exactly why i turn off that emo crap because i couldn't care less about some

little pussy crying about getting dumped.

The funny thing is every song you listen to will most likely be about someone's issues, whether it is love/loss/life/etc etc. (take all of Devin Townsend's lyrics for a start)

Unless you solely listen to Mortician and Rhapsody, in which case i'm glad that all that Chainsaw disembowlment and magical Unicorns with wings doesn't add to much undue stress on 'your case'.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Personally' date=' I'd love to see an Ascension, SPD and MMW show! [/quote']

I almost fell off my chair when I read that, utterly insane idea.

And yet, and yet.................

I almost fell off my chair when I read that' date=' utterly insane idea.

And yet, and yet.................[/quote']

If its just for a laugh and the meeting of bands who would normally play together I think it could be fun. Internet and real life can be so different :D

We'll do it, and we'll do it wherever you like, cellar 35, east neuk, hell, even find out if we could hire Drakes for a night, we'd love to do another show without a stage, maybe even play in the centre of a floor surrounded by people...

Rune - Remember Scott, you used to speak to me daily, you complimented MMw quite a lot, saying you were surprised by us, and that we weren't 'emo', we were metal, so stop being a twat, because you know me, and I know you, and you know you;re speaking total fucking bollocks..

I think this has been an interesting topic, although, I still think the views of MMw by the majority of DIY/Crust/Misled Blastcapites are totally inaccurate, btu hey, whatever, we're never ever going to agree, I'd really like to give this gig a go..

Sharon?

I almost fell off my chair when I read that' date=' utterly insane idea.

And yet, and yet.................[/quote']

And yet...You're a brainless moron with outdated elitist ideas that will choke the very "scene" they surround.

It's people like you with your elitism that are killing music...nothing else. Oh, and dont come at me with your "how am I killing music when i cooked for a band, put them up and made the flyers myself with different colour biros!" I dont care...you're full of it and you have nothing to be proud of. You just come accross as one of those sad types that ACTUALLY watch music channels begging for something they hate to come on so they can give their views on it.

Twat!

not interested in putting this one on jamesy

this potential gig reeks of a scene/people battle. this one seems more about an petty arguement/idealogies than the music

why not do it your...

im sure fudge would be glad to put something like this' date=' they like a good fight!:D[/quote']

You dont actually think there would be violence do you?