aberdeen-music

I'm scared

I've got tickets for a gig at a place called Moshulu.

I understand that is the place where long haired young people with tattoos and intimate piercing go to have a "good time". I acknowledge that some of the young people have shaved heads, but the tattoos and piercing are de rigour.

what's it like for gigs?

Does it really start at 7 and finish at 10 on a week day?

As an old wrinkly, are the denizens of the place likely to stand around and point at me and shout humorous comments about pensions and bus passes?

Pete

I've only seen a few shows there, but in my limited experience the sound hasn't been that good, and being such a large room, if its a fairly sparsely attended gig it can be a little underwhelming. That said, I've heard of some shows there being very good, but whether that is solely down to the band(s) playing or the experience as a whole, I don't know.

I can't imagine any case where you'd' be pointed and shouted at there, unless you were wearing a swastika or something like that.

Is this the Wedding Present by any chance you're going to?

I've only seen a few shows there' date=' but in my limited experience the sound hasn't been that good, and being such a large room, if its a fairly sparsely attended gig it can be a little underwhelming. That said, I've heard of some shows there being very good, but whether that is solely down to the band(s) playing or the experience as a whole, I don't know.

?[/quote']

I don't like the venue much as it often does look too empty but you do get some great acts there. I think its often down to the bands though because despite the venue being very empty, The Research was one of most enjoyable gig experiences I've had all year.

Don't worry, Pete.....I was more than a little apprehensive before I went there the first time, in case the youngsters mocked me/forced me to dance by firing their guns at my feet etc, but in the event I ended up on my back doing the dead fly, with no interference from the young'uns.

Word of warning though....don't stand in one place for too long, or you will find yourself stuck to the carpet.

Oh...and if any members of Spike Pile Driver approach you, just buy them a cidor and all will be well :up:

yeah' date=' its the weddos.

I'm guessing that it won't be that busy 'cos only folk who were young in the 80's will know them.

Pete[/quote']

Just like the only people who go to see the reformed Pixies are folk who were young in the '80's.

Or the only people who go see the Damned are folk who were young in the 70's.

Or Rolling Stones gigs are "zimmer - only" events.

If it's not that busy it's beacuase the Wedding Present are one of the most turgid, uninsping indie dirges to ever come out of the U.K.

Don't worry' date=' Pete.....I was more than a little apprehensive before I went there the first time, in case the youngsters mocked me/forced me to dance by firing their guns at my feet etc, but in the event I ended up on my back doing the dead fly, with no interference from the young'uns.

Word of warning though....don't stand in one place for too long, or you will find yourself stuck to the carpet.

Oh...and if any members of Spike Pile Driver approach you, just buy them a cidor and all will be well :up:[/quote']

haha i love the fact you typed it cidor. that would only work with myself or jake really though...