aberdeen-music

Bowling

Alvin Starclusk

Guest DustyDeviada
I can't believe Sunset Boulevard have implemented the rule 'No bumpers unless you are under 10 or have special needs.' Absolute joke.

That is crap, not that I've ever felt the need to use the bumpers, but I do feel that I have the right to use said bumpers should I choose.

I guess you could pretend to have special needs like Cartman in that episode where he competes in the special olympics.

hasnt the one on george street closed down now?

Yeah, I walked past it the other night and saw some big poster saying that it had stopped trading or something along those lines. Wonder what that's all about.

It was handy for bowling when you couldn't be arsed walking up to the beach and for playing a quick few games of pool, but nevermind.

Guest DustyDeviada

These two events are not unconnected, I'm quite certain that it's the fact that Sunset Boulevard now has a monopoly on bowling in Aberdeen that they have started to infringe the human rights of bowlers with their "no-bumper" regime.

Previously of course anyone who objected to the policies of the Sunset Boulevard junta coud have course have taken their business to Megabowl. Sadly no longer an option.

But I do think we have a strong case to take to the Hague with this one.

I'm quite certain that it's the fact that Sunset Boulevard now has a monopoly on bowling in Aberdeen

They don't have a monopoly on bowling. There's a place on Balgownie Road in Bridge of Don (used to be baracudas I think, now called One) which also does 5 a side and some other things.

They don't have a monopoly on bowling. There's a place on Balgownie Road in Bridge of Don (used to be baracudas I think' date=' now called One) which also does 5 a side and some other things.[/quote']

Hasn't that been transformed into a gym now?

I'm sure they did away with the lanes anyway, but I might be mixing it up with somewhere else..

over 100 is an excellent score for me

the student nights at the beach are good, cheap bowling is always fun, and the competition is cool (mostly because i won one week) - you had to bowl and try and get the score they had chosen for that week, then everyone that won got a share of £200, i won it one week and got £50, nae bad for going out to have some fun going bowling. i think they have changed it now that you have to get within limits, then have to spin a wheel or something

David