aberdeen-music

Bowling

Alvin Starclusk

Guest DustyDeviada
I was bowling at Sunset recently on a night out' date=' it really is a fantastic way to have a fun night out.[/quote']

I agree, to hell with all these loud gigs in smoky pubs.

Give me a game of bowls and a nice cup of tea any day.

bowls995.jpg

Guest DustyDeviada

I especially enjoy seeing the overly keen "pro" bowlers every now and then, who have their own shoes and ball which they polish up loads and take everything really seriously.

Guest tv tanned
I especially enjoy seeing the overly keen "pro" bowlers every now and then' date=' who have their own shoes and ball which they polish up loads and take everything really seriously.[/quote']

jesus04.gif

You mean like "The Jesus"?

Spent a large amount of my university career in the one on George Street though.

Yeah, I probably wasted a couple of hundred quid in there during two years of college. Still never managed to break 200 at that time, but I played two weeks ago for the first time in an age and got 205. Puzzling......

Guest DustyDeviada
I enjoy watching experienced participants in any activity striving for perfection' date=' particularly those with the courage to realise that you don't have to be loud and pissed to have a good night out whilst simultaneously ruining everything that's good for everyone else.

I have yet to see a thread on this site which doesn't at some point resort to irrelevant and unnecessary ridicule of anyone who tries to better themselves...

Not that I've looked that hard...[/quote']

Oops, obviously touched a nerve there. Do you also enjoy table-tennis and get annoyed if anyone refers to it as "ping-pong"?

used to go to superbowl (as it was known at the time) every lunchtime for cheap student bowling while I was at college. Never reached the dizzy heights of 200 but I can still (even though I rarely bowl these days) hit around 160-180 quire reguarly.

Can be a great way to start a night out.

• 1 month later...