aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Alvin Starclusk

Bowling

Guest tv tanned

I was bowling at Sunset recently on a night out, it really is a fantastic way to have a fun night out.

Guest DustyDeviada
I was bowling at Sunset recently on a night out' date=' it really is a fantastic way to have a fun night out.[/quote']

I agree, to hell with all these loud gigs in smoky pubs.

Give me a game of bowls and a nice cup of tea any day.

bowls995.jpg

Guest DustyDeviada

Shame you couldn't find a pic from the "moustache years", that would have been ace.

Guest tv tanned

I think that was before the internet was invented!

I have numerous Sportscene cup finals on tape which feature the legendary lip warmer though...

Bowling is awesome... and that's only counting the footwear. The experience itself warms my heart. It's a wholesome activity. I'm rubbish at it... but I think that makes it more fun.

You better not use bumpers... that's cheating.

Guest tv tanned

When I was at Sunset the shoes I was given had a velcro strap rather than laces.

Bling bowling shoes!

Guest DustyDeviada

I especially enjoy seeing the overly keen "pro" bowlers every now and then, who have their own shoes and ball which they polish up loads and take everything really seriously.

Guest tv tanned
I especially enjoy seeing the overly keen "pro" bowlers every now and then' date=' who have their own shoes and ball which they polish up loads and take everything really seriously.[/quote']

jesus04.gif

You mean like "The Jesus"?

Spent a large amount of my university career in the one on George Street though.

Yeah, I probably wasted a couple of hundred quid in there during two years of college. Still never managed to break 200 at that time, but I played two weeks ago for the first time in an age and got 205. Puzzling......

Guest DustyDeviada
I enjoy watching experienced participants in any activity striving for perfection' date=' particularly those with the courage to realise that you don't have to be loud and pissed to have a good night out whilst simultaneously ruining everything that's good for everyone else.

I have yet to see a thread on this site which doesn't at some point resort to irrelevant and unnecessary ridicule of anyone who tries to better themselves...

Not that I've looked that hard...[/quote']

Oops, obviously touched a nerve there. Do you also enjoy table-tennis and get annoyed if anyone refers to it as "ping-pong"?

I enjoy watching experienced participants in any activity striving for perfection

Id strive for something else dude as perfection cannot be reached F.A.C.T

used to go to superbowl (as it was known at the time) every lunchtime for cheap student bowling while I was at college. Never reached the dizzy heights of 200 but I can still (even though I rarely bowl these days) hit around 160-180 quire reguarly.

Can be a great way to start a night out.

yeah, bowling is fun. I'm terrible at it though. The last time I went was on a work night out, and I was beaten by all of my co-workers, including the old ladies.

Dammit.

I love bowling even though I always fall over a lot and end up with bruises.

I find the tunes down at the boulevard intolerable though and all those screaming little teenagers - aaaargh! It's gotta be Megabowl - the beers cheaper too.

I went bowling on Christmas Eve and scored 78. I can't believe Sunset Boulevard have implemented the rule 'No bumpers unless you are under 10 or have special needs.' Absolute joke.