aberdeen-music

Toucan Telecom

Rachie

Anyone else getting constant phonecalls from these people?

I'm still waiting for my TPS registration to come through so legally they can still phone me up for another 24 days or something.

It's got a little bit ridiculous. I can handle telemarketing calls every few weeks or so - I understand that people have to have a job, even if they get the job actively knowing that they are basically being paid to piss people off all day - but when you start getting them every day, and sometimes more than once a day it starts becoming a real pain in the backside, so much so that I've taken to shouting down the phone at them since it always seems to be the same guy.

I just wondered if it's just us that they're bombarding with constant calls or if anyone else is having a similar problem.

Like I said I'll be registered with the TPS soon, and I just phoned up the actual company itself to have a go... it won't do any good that last part, but it certainly made me feel better. :p

Easiest way to deal with that is just not to hang up. Just pick up the phone and leave it off the hook for 20 minutes or so. They can't make anymore calls because you've tied up the line and then you can listen to them panicking at the other end of the line. Muhahaha!

TPS though, wassat? Something to do with being ex-directory? Because I haven't had any telesales calls since i moved flats and not being in teh book.

I once said "can you hold a minute"...

and put the phone to the speaker of my HiFI...and played the Napalm Death Peel sessions to them...

after 20 mins, I'd noticed that there was an alarm sounding down the phone, I hung up, and they'd kept MY LINE busy...

but, it ended after about a half hour wait...

but worth every second.

I was once asked "are you the owner of the house?"..."nope",... "then can I speak to the owner of the house" ... "no"..."why not ?"..."co I've just broken in"..."oh...err..." (click)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I've been plagued lately with sales calls from mobile phone companies:

Cunt who's disturbing me:"Good afternoon Mr. French, do you have a mobile phone at all?"

Me: "No fucking chance, never will have either"

Cunt who's disturbing me: "Oh really? Why's that then, sir?"

Me:"Because I hate the fucking things, they're intrusive and like carrying a ball and chain around"

Cunt who's disturbing me: "OK then sir, thanks for your time, bye!"

It does the job.

Anyone else getting constant phonecalls from these people?

I'm still waiting for my TPS registration to come through so legally they can still phone me up for another 24 days or something.

It's got a little bit ridiculous. I can handle telemarketing calls every few weeks or so - I understand that people have to have a job' date=' even if they get the job actively knowing that they are basically being paid to piss people off all day - but when you start getting them [b']every day, and sometimes more than once a day it starts becoming a real pain in the backside, so much so that I've taken to shouting down the phone at them since it always seems to be the same guy.

I just wondered if it's just us that they're bombarding with constant calls or if anyone else is having a similar problem.

Like I said I'll be registered with the TPS soon, and I just phoned up the actual company itself to have a go... it won't do any good that last part, but it certainly made me feel better. :p

Lucky you. I get around 5/6 calls everyday and I have signed up to the scheme which is supposed to help block unwanted calls.

Easiest way to deal with that is just not to hang up. Just pick up the phone and leave it off the hook for 20 minutes or so. They can't make anymore calls because you've tied up the line and then you can listen to them panicking at the other end of the line. Muhahaha!

TPS though' date=' wassat? Something to do with being ex-directory? Because I haven't had any telesales calls since i moved flats and not being in teh book.[/quote']

You didn't read the space kitchens thread then... by doing that, you effectively let them skive for 20 minutes. You do them a favour.

TPS = Telephone Preference Service.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Companies like Toucan are supposed to screen out numbers who have signed up to it, and can be fined 2000 if they don't comply.

You didn't read the space kitchens thread then... by doing that' date=' you effectively let them skive for 20 minutes. You do them a favour.

TPS = Telephone Preference Service.

[url']http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Companies like Toucan are supposed to screen out numbers who have signed up to it, and can be fined 2000 if they don't comply.

Hmm, I've never seen it that way. Fine, the person at the other end of the phone gets 20 minutes off from what is obviously a really strenuous job :rolleyes: but from what I've heard at the other end of the line it causes a few problems for them, not to mention wasting money. I couldn't give a crap about the person on the other end of teh line, espeically if they call me at 7am as some guy from BT did.

My dad was getting 4-8 calls a day from one company, despite being ex directory and phoned the police telling them he was getting nuisence calls and soon afterwards they stopped.

I don't think it matters that you're ex directory... that just prevents people looking you up in the phone book... these people don't use phone books.. they use the lists provided by BT...

Although next time I'm just going to ask them to hold and whack on Black Atom/Metallica/Maiden/Slipknot as loudly as possibly.

Or System. Yes, that will do nicely. Burn their ears off until they get bored.

With all this talk of telesales, I kind of wish I got junk calls, but we're ex-directory. Now, reading this, I yearn for the occasional call, perhaps, as someone suggested, an Arnie soundboard at hand - "WHO ARE YOU?" - and similar jovial tricks. I know, I know, I'd get bored of them soon enough. :(

I've had one phone call from Toucan, but it was enough. The woman just would not take no for an answer. I was trying to be nice (because I'm a big wimp and didn't want to be mean), but no matter how many times I said that I really wasn't interested, she would gush on and on about how this was ridiculous, and repeat her "offer"- as if I hadn't understood the first time. So, I hung up on her. And she called back and asked me if the connection had been cut off, as I'd suddenly gone off the line! I'd imagine that she got the message after I did it again.