aberdeen-music

anywhere else to go in aberdeen?

Graham

suppose its cause im used to the weatherspoons in my town. which is the same' date=' no music, always someone you know there, cheap drinks, lovely food

so prince of wales was a duller verison[/quote']

Don't worry Wetherspoons will soon stamp out places like the Prince of Wales. Soon there will only be 9 choices in the world:

Wetherspoons

McDonalds

Microsoft

Toyota

Stewart Milne

Carling

Nokia

Dell

Death

Can't believe no-ones mentioned the Howff yet. Wee downstairs place next to Bruce Millers

Some of the best food in aberdeen, excellent background music (think Alice in Chains was on last time I was there), massive screen for football, lovely decor, friendly staff - with one girl who was stunning, not sure if she works there any more though.

And Tilted Wig is a close second, with very similar reasons as the Howff

:cheers:

Don't worry Wetherspoons will soon stamp out places like the Prince of Wales. Soon there will only be 9 choices in the world:

Wetherspoons

McDonalds

Microsoft

Toyota

Stewart Milne

Carling

Nokia

Dell

Death

Don't forget Starbucks - won't be long now till we have a wonderful homogenized world where everywhere is the same wherever you go.

See: Attack of the Clone Towns

I second that shout for the Howff' date=' great wee place!!! Also, the Bells(purely for cheap drink and old men watching) and the Mither Tap!! Globes great in the summer and the Prince of Wales is great in the winter, i find my watering holes change with the seasons!!!! Tilted wigs nae bad either!![/quote']

Mither Tap not a bit of hike, or is it's name geographically incorrect.

• 2 weeks later...

Upstair's at O'neils is 4 on Fridays and 5 on Saturdays. Half Price for students. It does usually seem to only get busy for the last couple of hours though. It's definitely my favourite club in aberdeen. Dancing on tables is always fun.

I also support Kilau as a good coffee shop and the globe and the howff as good pubs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pop-notmyface
any good places or anywhere worth checking out apart from the usual type places? pubs' date=' clubs, cafes/places to eat, etc. just looking for some where else to try for a change.[/quote']

you could try O' Henrys.

as long as it serves drink...

I agree, the Howff`s a really good pub if you just want to go for a blether and a dram with a mate or two, Estaminet`s good like that aswell, perfect for a sunday hair of the dog.

For live music, I used to enjoy sitting at the bottom bar of O`Donohues at about 5 having a pint and watching whatever acoustic players they`ve got on at the time. smashing.