aberdeen-music

anywhere else to go in aberdeen?

Graham

Lemon Tree for lunch is a pretty good deal I think. Wonderful waiting staff!*ahem* Anyways, there's live local younger bands on thursdays, blues/acoustic live music on fridays and live jazz on sunday. (Avoid saturdays like the plague, it's family saturday and scores of wee kids running around.) Lunch served between 12-2.30 but we're open til 4ish. Menu varies between baked potatoes/sandwiches/soups to roasts and basically anything else.

Prince of Wales is a perfect pub just for a natter, despite it being the haunt of my dad and his cronies. Ma's is good too, unless there's been a football match on.

I would agree that the lemon tree is a splended place to go at lunchtimes, especially thursdays, for the Thursday live, there are always good bands playing, and the food is stupendous.

The globe is also very good, been in there a few times, before going to see gigs/shows

Guest bluesxman

My good lady and I went upstairs at O' Neills the other week after the EF gig because there was a huge queue at Exodus, great music but a bizarre hotchpotch! No keeping the era's or genres together there! Nice one...

Went upstairs at O'Neils for the first time last night and it was the best night I've had in months. Great music (my compliments to the DJ, i was dancing for 2 hours solid) and an interesting bunch of people, some old, some young but all having a good time.

Was a bit concerned with the dancing on the tables, especially as the girls were in sky scraper heels and I was kinda underneath them.

Is it normally free to get in? Also, what kind of music is played on a saturday night? Does it change each evening?

Is it normally free to get in? Also' date=' what kind of music is played on a saturday night? Does it change each evening?[/quote']

costs money at weekend (3 or 4 quid) and the music is much the same as midweek. I think of the musical policy as a more mainstream exodus/mudd. It makes for a good substitute if you to exo late and can't be arsed queuing anyway.