aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Graham

anywhere else to go in aberdeen?

any good places or anywhere worth checking out apart from the usual type places? pubs, clubs, cafes/places to eat, etc. just looking for some where else to try for a change.

moshulu, exodus, the moorings, the tunnels, the basement, etc. not that there's anything wrong with those places, i like going to them, but just wondering if there is anywhere else worth going to.

Upstairs at O'Neills used to be a good laugh now and again.

Still is. We usually go there if Exodus is queued or we're just bored of the place.

Guest tv tanned

Upstairs at O'Neills is always good, Mrs Tanned and I often go there when out for the night.

Lemon Tree for lunch is a pretty good deal I think. Wonderful waiting staff!*ahem* Anyways, there's live local younger bands on thursdays, blues/acoustic live music on fridays and live jazz on sunday. (Avoid saturdays like the plague, it's family saturday and scores of wee kids running around.) Lunch served between 12-2.30 but we're open til 4ish. Menu varies between baked potatoes/sandwiches/soups to roasts and basically anything else.

Prince of Wales is a perfect pub just for a natter, despite it being the haunt of my dad and his cronies. Ma's is good too, unless there's been a football match on.

I would agree that the lemon tree is a splended place to go at lunchtimes, especially thursdays, for the Thursday live, there are always good bands playing, and the food is stupendous.

The globe is also very good, been in there a few times, before going to see gigs/shows

That's the beauty of The Prince of Wales, there's no music,no tvs, just chatter. It's a good old fashioned pub and they're in short supply. Doesn't hurt that it's damned cheap and there always seems to be someone I know in there.

suppose its cause im used to the weatherspoons in my town. which is the same, no music, always someone you know there, cheap drinks, lovely food

so prince of wales was a duller verison

Guest bluesxman

My good lady and I went upstairs at O' Neills the other week after the EF gig because there was a huge queue at Exodus, great music but a bizarre hotchpotch! No keeping the era's or genres together there! Nice one...

Try Snafu. They are doing some live music now, as well as having a chilled out early lounge bar.

Tokyoblu are playing on Friday Nov 11th.

Went upstairs at O'Neils for the first time last night and it was the best night I've had in months. Great music (my compliments to the DJ, i was dancing for 2 hours solid) and an interesting bunch of people, some old, some young but all having a good time.

Was a bit concerned with the dancing on the tables, especially as the girls were in sky scraper heels and I was kinda underneath them.

Is it normally free to get in? Also, what kind of music is played on a saturday night? Does it change each evening?

Is it normally free to get in? Also' date=' what kind of music is played on a saturday night? Does it change each evening?[/quote']

costs money at weekend (3 or 4 quid) and the music is much the same as midweek. I think of the musical policy as a more mainstream exodus/mudd. It makes for a good substitute if you to exo late and can't be arsed queuing anyway.