aberdeen-music

Kitchen Cynics at Terrastock 6

I was offered a slot at Terrastock 6, which will take place in Providence, Rhode Island next April. At first I said I couldn't go, as I'm low on cash, and I wouldn't get time off work, but it turns out my flight will be paid for, plus I've been told I can take unpaid leave of absence for a few days, so I'll be there!!!!!

The line up (so far) is......

Avarus (Finland)

Bardo Pond

Black Forest / Black Sea

Charalambides

College Girls Gone Wild

Damon and Naomi

Fursaxa

Ghost (Japan)

Glenn Jones & Cul de Sac

The Green Pajamas

Kemialliset Ystvt (Finland)

Kinski

Sharron Kraus

Landing

Larkin Grimm

The Magic Carpathians Project (Poland)

Major Stars

Marissa Nadler

MV/EE

Paik

Jack Rose

Salamander

St Joan (UK)

Thought Forms (UK)

Spacious Mind (Sweden)

Spires that in the Sunset Rise

Tanakh (Italy)

Urdog

Windy & Carl

PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS (still to be announced....)

For once, I'll say "Go ME!!!!!!" :headbang:

I'm surprised that Delicate AWOL aren't in the line up...I think they've played the previous 5!

I believe it was a possibility' date=' but the latest I heard I don't think it's going to happen. BTW I understand they're now known as "Tells".

Shame about the date change as I'm not sure we can manage an extended visit, but who knows :)

An Aberdeen "City and Shire" TM? posse hitting Providence could be fun :D

I suppose the alternative is having a left field festival ourselves in Aberdeen!

Yay ! Get Alan to take the entire Terrastock lineup home with him in the chartered IMP Megaplane.

Aberdeen outside in late April can still be a bit nippy though so maybe better to hold it indoors rather than in the left field. (Is that near Seaton Park?)

TerraTunnels 1 anybody ?

Usually at Terrastock there are two venues very close (or two stages in the same building), so that as one band plays, the next gets set up, and the audience wanders through, with no waits, so the Tunnels would be great if they linked with the other venue opposite.

ps...College Girls Gone Wild, who are also playing, contains Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth.