aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Alan Cynic

Kitchen Cynics at Terrastock 6

I was offered a slot at Terrastock 6, which will take place in Providence, Rhode Island next April. At first I said I couldn't go, as I'm low on cash, and I wouldn't get time off work, but it turns out my flight will be paid for, plus I've been told I can take unpaid leave of absence for a few days, so I'll be there!!!!!

The line up (so far) is......

Avarus (Finland)

Bardo Pond

Black Forest / Black Sea

Charalambides

College Girls Gone Wild

Damon and Naomi

Fursaxa

Ghost (Japan)

Glenn Jones & Cul de Sac

The Green Pajamas

Kemialliset Ystvt (Finland)

Kinski

Sharron Kraus

Landing

Larkin Grimm

The Magic Carpathians Project (Poland)

Major Stars

Marissa Nadler

MV/EE

Paik

Jack Rose

Salamander

St Joan (UK)

Thought Forms (UK)

Spacious Mind (Sweden)

Spires that in the Sunset Rise

Tanakh (Italy)

Urdog

Windy & Carl

PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS (still to be announced....)

For once, I'll say "Go ME!!!!!!" :headbang:

... and the date is ?

Nice one Alan :up:

Can you confirm the Terrastock dates as I've heard different ones bandied about? I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to be in New York early April so it would be excellent if the Balvacks could arrange to pop over to RI as part of that expedition.

The first rumours suggested early April, (whch would've suited me better), but it turned out to be the 21st-23rd inclusive.

I'm surprised that Delicate AWOL aren't in the line up...I think they've played the previous 5!

Guest bluesxman

Kinski

I'm jealous for that. Besides of course getting things paid to be there. Nice one.

I'm surprised that Delicate AWOL aren't in the line up...I think they've played the previous 5!

I believe it was a possibility' date=' but the latest I heard I don't think it's going to happen. BTW I understand they're now known as "Tells".

Shame about the date change as I'm not sure we can manage an extended visit, but who knows :)

An Aberdeen "City and Shire" TM? posse hitting Providence could be fun :D

I suppose the alternative is having a left field festival ourselves in Aberdeen!

Yay ! Get Alan to take the entire Terrastock lineup home with him in the chartered IMP Megaplane.

Aberdeen outside in late April can still be a bit nippy though so maybe better to hold it indoors rather than in the left field. (Is that near Seaton Park?)

TerraTunnels 1 anybody ?

Good times Alan' date=' good times. You seemed slightly distraught when it appeared you couldn't play this. But now you can![/quote']

Yep...I was disappointed to the max, but, thankfully all seems to have worked out.

Usually at Terrastock there are two venues very close (or two stages in the same building), so that as one band plays, the next gets set up, and the audience wanders through, with no waits, so the Tunnels would be great if they linked with the other venue opposite.

ps...College Girls Gone Wild, who are also playing, contains Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth.

so the Tunnels would be great if they linked with the other venue opposite.

Or even with The Second Tunnel at The Tunnels. So maybe three venues.

aye, it was wierd cos i was telling my mate mel after the fourth song that your music sounded quite wicker manish. Shortly after that you played a song from the film. All the bands were good, boy lacks patience was a joy.