aberdeen-music

new SOAD single

Jimmygoodein

More of Darrin singing - boooooooooo!

It's okay, but I wouldnae rave about it. And I actually liked some of the last album. But Serj is one of the most unique vocal talents ever and I feel they are not playing to their strengths when Darrin is singing. Back - up vocals - fine. Lead vocals - no.

The album will follow in a similar vein I think.................

It's a good song, not absolutely amazing though. Saying that I've only heard it properly once. I didn't think there was anything progressive about it though. If the album is half as good as Mezmerize I'll be more than happy. darren has an amazing voice as well and I'm happy for them both to sing a bit of lead vocals.

SOAD have got better with every album and Mezmerize is five times as good as any of their other albums.

Sorry, I strongly disagree with that. Toxicity is way better than Mezmerize. And i'm sure many would agree with that. Mezmerize has it's moments, but as an album Toxicity is far better.

Progressive as in prog-rock or a progression for them as a band?

well, the whole element of prog-rock is progression and doing something different. You couldnt really call a band prog-rock if they didnt progress in some way, whether that is music progression in general or progression of the band. A band should not be tagged prog rock just cause they sound like Genisis or whatever, Genesis were a prog band because the bands music Progressed and they changed the music scene of the time, to me it sounds like SOAD are progressing in many ways, just listen to sugar for a start and then listen to hypnotize, I believe there is quite a progression there. So i guess there answer to your question is yes, and yes.

wey

Sorry' date=' I strongly disagree with that. Toxicity is way better than Mezmerize. And i'm sure many would agree with that. Mezmerize has it's moments, but as an album Toxicity is far better.[/quote']

I'd have it the other way around, for me toxicity has some great songs but also has a few duds which lets it down.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pop-notmyface
what are peoples views on hypnotize?

i think its a hell of an improvement from their last effort' date=' lot more progressive[/quote']

uh, wasn't hypnotize on the cd with the post-toxicity-tracks album???

ive got a copy of the new album Hypnotize off Torrents and i can tell you' date=' it Kicks ass!! the 2 kinda Mezmorise/hypnotize double album idea works reeally reeeeeally well! but still id say...Mezmorize is better than hypnotize. but system have definatly gotten better over the years.[/quote']

damn straight!

its a great album

was listening to it on the train this afternoon

t'will be purchase as soon as it comes out me thinks

:rockon: