aberdeen-music

The Rakes

Sorry if this has already been posted but I never noticed.

Can't wait for this, should be good at Franz Ferdinand as well this month

From nme.com

The Rakes announce UK tour dates

The band reveal 2006 plans

The Rakes have announced details of their 2006 UK and Irish tour.

Kicking off in Exeter on January 27 the band will hit the road until the following month when they wrap up in Belfast on February 12.

Support for the trek comes from White Rose Movement and Duels.

Speaking about to dates to NME.COM, singer Alan Donohoe said: "There will be a single in January (probably a re-release of 'Retreat') and then we will go on a brief tour, supported by White Rose Movement - we're big fans."

He added: "You'll get your money's worth."

The Rakes will play:

Exeter Lemon Grove January - 27

Portsmouth Pyramid - 28

Cambridge Junction - 29

Norwich Waterfront - 30

Bristol Anson Rooms - 31

London Astoria February - 2

Sheffield Leadmill - 3

Wolverhampton Wulfren - 4

Manchester Academy 2 - 6

Newcastle University - 7

Glasgow QMU - 8

Aberdeen Moshulu - 9

Dublin Village - 11

Belfast Spring & Airbrake - 12

For availability, visit NME Tickets or call them on 0870 1 663 663.

yeah this is going to be a good gig...

saw them the first time they were up (The Others support) and that was a good night!

twice in the space of 3 months... Ya'beauty

Little added bonus that they may re-release Retreat as i have the origional on there old record label and its signed...

I didnt bother with Franz tickets at first but as soon as i heard The Rakes were the support i smashed open my "Liza Rylee Emerdale" piggie bank, ran to the shop with all my ones and two's tied up in a big sock and swapped them for paper money so's i could buy a ticket..

It will be ace seeing the Rakes again at the Franz concert. I saw them at the Leeds Festival without Alan the lead singer as he was ill' date=' but the rest still played on and had Kele from Bloc Party and the lead singer from Towers of London as special guest singers. Which was well cool. So it will be ace seeing the whole band.[/quote']

They did that at Reading too with Paul from Maximo Park and Russell from Bloc Party and it was such a cool set. can't wait to see them with a full line up!

i just got the album last week and its really good. my favourite is the last track.

our drummer knows the rakes manager and gave him a fone about a week ago to try and grab any support slot going for a local band.totally never thought anything would come of it but sent him a demo none the less.

the guy just called him yesterday and df concerts emailed him today to say we can open the night at moshulu.theres the rakes plus touring support and us!

i am excited already.

rakes

was really suprised he said yes

bobb must have been persuasive!ha!

he met him when they last played up here and luckily for us he liked our stuff so should be a good nite!

weve had a lucky run of supporting bands we really like this year (editors, mystery jets, kooks, yeti)so its good fun and save ticket money!ha!. Although we did support dogs who were pretty bad and thee unstrung(possibly the worst band ive ever seen) so its not all fun but roll on 06 none the less!

i just got the album last week and its really good. my favourite is the last track.

our drummer knows the rakes manager and gave him a fone about a week ago to try and grab any support slot going for a local band.totally never thought anything would come of it but sent him a demo none the less.

the guy just called him yesterday and df concerts emailed him today to say we can open the night at moshulu.theres the rakes plus touring support and us!

i am excited already.

God damn you. I noticed The Rakes were looking to have local support for each date of their tour, and I imagined it would be the perfect bow for my band. But I'm a dreamer and you're a do-er. Well done :up:

• 2 months later...