aberdeen-music

Does anyone have an athlon 64 or sempron 32 754 socket CPU?!?!?!

threeornothing

HELP!

I just bought a new motherboard and CPU, but I got gipped on the fucking motherboard, the CPU, despite being compatible with th eboard, requires a quick BIOS flash before it will work with my CPU, and obviously it will need a compatible CPU before it can actually boot up to do this in the first place!

The mobo's amazing tech support team said "PLEASE BUY AN OLDER CPU TO FLASH THE BIOS" .... aye, right! Buy a more expensive CPU so I can use a cheaper one...if anyone has any of the following sitting around spare that they could whisk my way in a jiffy bag for an evening I'd be most grateful!!!

754 Sempron-32bit 3100+ 1800 800MHz 256KB D All

754 Athlon 64 3700+ 2400 800MHz 1MB CG All

754 Athlon 64 3400+ 2400 800MHz 512KB CG All

754 Athlon 64 3400+ 2200 800MHz 1MB CG All

754 Athlon 64 3200+ 2200 800MHz 1MB CG All

754 Athlon 64 3200+ 2000 800MHz 512KB CG All

754 Athlon 64 3000+ 2000 800MHz 512KB CG All

754 Athlon 64 2800+ 1800 800MHz 512KB CG All

754 Athlon 64 2800+ 1800 800MHz 512KB C0 All

The board is actually a replacement! I'm guessing they all ship with a low BIOS version....stupid no-makes...

Alas, it was the cheapest motherboard with all the features I needed (in fact, its tight on the features)...I can't spend any more money on a board. I fucking hate spending money on something that doesn't work aswell....

Guest MerryChristmas

I have an AMD Durex if thats any use, had it for ages i never use it, it wasnt good for my motherboard because it kept falling out because the holes were too big

I've got a duron too' date=' but they are socket A I think.

I'm really desperate for this, I got in touch with the dealers (silicon) and they have quoted me at 25 to flash the BIOS.....if I charged 25 everytime I've flashed a BIOS my kids would be going to college.[/quote']

take it down to NEP ask them nicely...?

I'm sure I remember Grampian Electronics tell me they don't touch AMD stuff....this was a good few years back tho?

I'm going to have to go against my principle and pay 25 for someone to flash the BIOS....next I'll be paying for my software :D

Last chance? Anyone got one of the supported CPU's? :( Paying 25 for a 2 second job doesn't fill me with joy!!

you could always ask grampian electronics' date=' they are usually a more friendly bunch than the sharks at NEP[/quote']

I had some trouble at Grampian Electronics when replacing a blown power supply/ motherboard. They insisted that my new graphics card had blown along with everything else and was not functioning in several of their test machines. I declined to buy a new one and insisted on having it back. To my surprise it worked perfectly without even having to reinstall the drivers. I tried to phone the engineer concerned to "inform" him but he was never around to answer my calls.

Strange

X(X(X(

The whole thing was quite odd as GE were recommended to me by several people.

P.S. (back on topic) They stock AMD stuff