aberdeen-music

If You're A fan Of Music...Check This!

funkymonkey

Hi people...

I'm a newbie to the site....nice to see so many people into good music in the North East of Scotland...

I thought I'd introduce myself to you by recommending one of the best new bands I've heard in years. They're a London based 3 piece called Hey Negrita and their debut album called "We Are Catfish" has not long hit the shops. It's very much worth checking out....

If you're into music that's got everything you should really get their album. They're signed to Fat Fox Records and you can hear downloads and play on their funky website at: www.heynegrita.com

According to their press release: "Following the release of the critically acclaimed single "Devil in my Shoes" and countless gigs, Hey Negrita are releasing the second single from their debut album "We Are Catfish". Having already gained strong support from both national and regional press, radio and TV, and having been remixed by the likes of Chris Coco and Lemon Jelly, this London 3 piece is rapidly building a dedicated fan base across the country."

Here's what they said about the album:

"There's something intensely personal and refreshingly honest about the 15 tracks, like slipping on your favourite jeans" - The Sun

"Sung with feeling and dripping with emotion, We Are Catfish is a truly stunning debut. The music just takes you" - Chris Coco (Radio 1)

"Beautifully detailed songs. Fantastic dubut" - The Mirror

"A warm, thoughful and musical album" - Bob Harris (Radio 2)

"Best Southern fried music. An album of dark but melodic Americana. Sometimes Dylan, sometimes Tom Waits" - Sunday Express

"A breath of fresh air in amongst shoe gazing guitar bands" - Music Week

"The overall sweetness of the sound and it's catchiness belies the dark lyrics, as if Dairy Box have included some vinegar centres among the fondant cremes" - Blues Matters

There are free downloads on their website....If you like the sound, get the 15 track album from HMV / Virgin. I bought it recently and it's my album of the year so far! Let me know what you peeps think.....!

See ya!

funkymonkey

xxxxxx