aberdeen-music

any good band practice spaces???

Chi 666

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he said good...

edit : that wasn't a very helpful comment.

From what I've been told, the Foyer is a good price (8 an hour), but don't be surprised if your booking doesn't get honoured. Apparently people have turned up, only for no-one to be there - and with no notice given.

Toms is probably your best bet if you can't get the Lok Up really..

he said good...

From what I've been told' date=' the Foyer is a good price (8 an hour), but don't be surprised if your booking doesn't get honoured. Apparently people have turned up, only for no-one to be there - and with no notice given.

Toms is probably your best bet if you can't get the Lok Up really..[/quote']

And Cloud's witch-hunting goes on. You're getting boring.

he said good...

From what I've been told' date=' the Foyer is a good price (8 an hour), but don't be surprised if your booking doesn't get honoured. Apparently people have turned up, only for no-one to be there - and with no notice given.

Toms is probably your best bet if you can't get the Lok Up really..[/quote']

We practiced at the Foyer for 4 years and never had any of the issues that you describe. Haven't heard of anyone else experiencing those problems either. In fact the Foyer were always extremely helpful towards us and on numerous occasions they went out of their way to accomodate our practice and recording needs.

I have to agree with Calum, your witch hunts against the Foyer and other people in Aberdeen are getting boring and aren't even based on your own experiences. Just rumours and second hand information.

And Cloud's witch-hunting goes on. You're getting boring.

hey, just giving the guy a basis to work from.

i should also be fair and add that i've known people to use the Foyer without any problems.

I guess at the price, they're the Ryanair of the rehearsal studio world. You pay for what you get, etc etc.

I guess at the price' date=' they're the Ryanair of the rehearsal studio world. You pay for what you get, etc etc.[/quote']

I'll agree with that. You get a dirt cheap practice room but the equipment isn't the best and the drum kit is constantly getting abused by some of the less respectful patrons. The room itself is quite small as well. God knows how Hookers Green managed to fit in there every week.

I'll agree with that. You get a dirt cheap practice room but the equipment isn't the best and the drum kit is constantly getting abused by some of the less respectful patrons. The room itself is quite small as well. God knows how Hookers Green managed to fit in there every week.

I think it's a shame that people do that to a cheap place - regardless of what I think about the place, it's not on to abuse equipment in a place, especially one that's doing such cheap rates for practicing and recording. I was going to ask why they don't try approaching companies to sponsor new equipment for the place, but what would be the point if it's going to end up abused?

I guess people just don't realise how good they've got it.

personally i've always found it easier to get a good sound at the foyer than toms. dunno why, just worked better for us. never had any real problems with bookings not being honoured or anything, from 2 years of practicing there we only ever had about 2 practices cancelled on short notice and those were for very reasonable reasons. sometimes shit happens you know.

the foyer is cheap and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it for the price you pay.

Guest texjamm

Practice Space

We practice at Musical Dreams which is located underneath Atmosphere Sound And Lighting on Nelson Street. They also provide recording and tuition if you need it. give Andy Phillips a call on 01224 639800 or 07946 854 511.

Mike

Guest Les Stroszek

I booked The Foyer late last year and they didn't turn up but it was a misunderstanding and they apologised. Recently Stroszek have practiced there a few times (we've stopped cos we've got a regular place now) and we found it welcoming and friendly. The facilities are fine for us as we use our own amps and drum machine. The PA seems fine. I've practiced there with drummers in the past and the kits not great and the snare was particuarly poor - not sure if its been replaced now though. The rooms really small so its better for smaller bands and make sure you're on good terms with your bandmates as the claustrophobic feel can lead to arguments! Seriously though it a fine place if you can get a space there as its good value. You should also try The Lok-Up great facilities and value.

Guest texjamm
How much does Musical Dreams cost per hour' date=' and what's the gear like?

I miss Exile, it was our favourite practice space. But Tom's is good, all things considered -unless they give you room 4, which is rubbish.

AKM[/quote']

There are 2 practice rooms. One doubles as the recording room and as such has the better gear in. Bring your own keys, guitars etc. and its adisable for any drummers to bring their own snare, cymbals etc. (as with any practice space!!) We are a band of 6 - drums, keys, bass, guitar, vocals and we can fit into the space without sitting on each others knees! Best to call Andy regarding current pricing and availability.

Mike