aberdeen-music

God Gave Halloween to Everyone!

Joe Atom

Well in terms of atmosphere that was a fairly tremendous night! I very much enjoyed all the other bands, and Hot Mangu's new tune 'Crepatus' is something of a beast :love:

Our set got better as it went along I felt, it started off a bit akward as the time restrictions meant we didn't get a soundcheck, plus when you're rushing to get on stage like that at the start of the set always seems a bit hectic and mental. The soundguy said afterwards that it took the entire first song to get the sound halfway decent, and it felt like that on stage too... I could hardly hear Dan for the whole set, which was a bit of a downer... But the response we got from the people down the front made us feel great, soemtimes the gigs that feel the best aren't the ones where you play particularly well, and that was the case last night, hearing everyone bellowing out 'God Gave Rock and Roll' made me tingle all over :)

Obviously the weight of my costume prevented me from running about too much, I almost took a dive at one point when I went for a wee run and my crazy centre of gravity nearly sent me toppling... it looked kick-ass though, even if I do say so myself... maybe I should wear armour all the time! :laughing: If anyone has any photos it'd be great if they wanted to post them ;)

Thanks again to everyone who came along, some awesome costumes and general craziness :bat:

i cant make my mind up as to which was the best bit of the gig... seeing alan sing on stage with radio lucifer or the last song of the night, which turned out to be more like aberdeens version of do they know its christmas, but not for charity and not shit!

anyhoo i took half an hour off work just to watch atom and thought it was fucking awesome :rockon: