aberdeen-music

Andy Peters

Camie

What was the name of the duck puppet thing he presented tv with?? And remember Gordon The Gopher?

Ed the Duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Yeah my wee bro has a GG puppet still!!! It's well ace :D

And Camie, Andy Peters was, and still is a fuckin legend! Many fond memories. Spent many a saturday morning watching Andy and has puppet side kicks present a host of ace toons!

Andy

Guest tv tanned
Tony Hart! Hasn't he been dead for twenty years?

Apparently not

Tony Hart (b. October 15, 1925) is a British television presenter and artist.

He was born in Maidstone, Kent, and began his TV career in 1952 as resident artist on the BBC children's show Saturday Special. Subsequent TV shows included Titch and Quackers, Playbox, Vision On, Take Hart, Hart Beat and Smart Hart. From the 1980s, he often appeared alongside the animated Plasticine stop-motion character Morph.

He studied art at Maidstone College of Art, which later became, Kent Institute of Art and Design.

As well as demonstrating small-scale projects (the type that viewers might be able to do), Hart also created large-scale artworks on the TV studio floor, and even used beaches and other open spaces as 'canvases' (to be viewed from a camera-crane).

A regular feature of Hart's TV shows was 'The Gallery', which displayed artworks sent in by young viewers. The easy-listening vibraphone music accompanying this feature 'Left Bank', by Wayne Hill has passed into British TV theme lore.

Hart also created the original design for the Blue Peter badge. The badges are famous throughout the UK and have been coveted by three successive generations of Blue Peter viewers.

Hart has received two BAFTA awards. His first came in 1978 and he was given a lifetime achievement award in 1998.

Guest DustyDeviada
Hart also created the original design for the Blue Peter badge. The badges are famous throughout the UK and have been coveted by three successive generations of Blue Peter viewers.

...and members of aberdeenmusic.com. You learn some fascinating facts on this forum, must store that one up for the next time I'm coming up with quiz questions.

Guest DustyDeviada

I heard them on the radio recently.

I also remember them doing a sketch with Paul Simon on Live and Kicking in 1990 when he was on promoting the Rythm of the Saints album. How a big (ie popular, not tall obviously) star like him ever agreed to be part of a sketch with two "folk singers" swinging their pants to The Sound of Silence I will never know.

I remember he also swapped his tshirt with a kid who was there wearing a Southampton T-shirt sayiing "The saints" which he saw as a connection to his new album. Or something.

Anyone else remember it?

and denies it with grace too. what a guy!

that guestbook is a great read.

I like this entry in it:

i am a naked lesbian and i have just made love to my partner and the vision on theme came on the radio and we couldnt remember the name of take hart so without getting dressed we went on the internet to check it out and thought that you would like to know some of your viewers from the seventies grew up as lesbians was it your fault?

Tony Says:

Are you naked 24/7 or only on special occasions?

Tony