aberdeen-music

New Sky channel for Freeview

Chris

because I live in Donmouth..technically not "the beach"' date=' but I can see sand from my windows and there's beach about a minute's walk from my door, so to me it's still "the beach" :p[/quote']

Donmouth? There's no way on god's green earth you can see Durris from the mouth of the Don. Hell I'd be surprised if you could get a clear line of site from Portlethen. The Durris transmitter sits on a hill in Durris forest overlooking Stonehaven.

never have any problem with Sky Travel (apart from falling asleep drunk while watching it' date=' then waking up at 6 in morning with a hangover and Alan Whicker travelling the world), channel 5 on the other hand never works.[/quote']

My freeview works fine except for BBC1 and BBC3, both of which freeze up so often it's unwatchable.

Donmouth? There's no way on god's green earth you can see Durris from the mouth of the Don. Hell I'd be surprised if you could get a clear line of site from Portlethen. The Durris transmitter sits on a hill in Durris forest overlooking Stonehaven.

Now you've got an argument :p But I'll look up maps tomorrow (too tired tonight) to see if there is a clear line of sight. The aerial doesn't work upstairs when pointed towards Balgownie' date=' so where else could it be coming from? Is there any other transmitters for Aberdeen? I could've sworn that Balgownie was built to cover the Bridge of Don for the houses that couldn't see Durris because of Northfield, but there would seem to be a fairly clear line of sight from here...

[url']http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/transmitters/tv_trans/tv_durris.shtml

Durris is ridiculously powerful, so is it that much of a surprise?

Actually, Elwood has reminded me of something - further evidence of using Durris comes from the fact that the signal goes to hell in bad weather - but friends of mine using Balgownie (who live round the back, higher up, so they can see it clearly) never have any issues in bad weather.

And I've just found out that the transmitters are owned by NTL..how odd

please please please show some WWE damn you!!

I hope there's better shows on it too' date=' like um...y'know...what's that show....

what's good on Sky One again?[/quote']

You'll be lucky to get any WWE - On Sky One you only get a pathetic hour of highlights at the weekend nowadys - A year ago you got TWO HOURS of Smackdown and an hour of Raw every Saturday morning.

You'll be lucky to get any WWE - On Sky One you only get a pathetic hour of highlights at the weekend nowadys - A year ago you got TWO HOURS of Smackdown and an hour of Raw every Saturday morning.

Sky One sucks!!

And I don't want to pay money for Sky Sports when I don't like any sports!!

And I consider WWE Sports ENTERTAINMENT! Why isn't it on their premier entertainment channel - Sky One!!

I want WWE PPV's on Sky One (actually, I want them back on Channel 4, I didn't really mind the fact that it was on later because of add breaks).