aberdeen-music

David McLetchie Resigns...

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

that'll be the headline in just about every newspaper I imagine

Very foolish really that he castigated McLeish for being less than honest about his office sublets when his own expenses claims were hardly exemplary.

A case of glass houses and stones methinks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4393622.stm

fantastic news, I can't stand that slimy bastard. It always irritated me the way he acted as though the Tories were the main opposition in the Scottish Parliament, rather than the minority party they really are, just because of their strength in England.

The only downside is they might get someone good at the job now. Although I suppose the fact that I can't name another Tory MSP off the top of my head bodes well...

Guest tv tanned

nah, they'd need to manufacture a by-election for that, and they would have no real guarantee of winning given their majority in Pentlands is hardly safe, while I imagine John Scott and Alex Fergusson (who only has a majority of 99 in Galloway as well) might object to being asked to resign their seats to parachute someone in.

Murdo Fraser is the favourite, with Monteith the "wild card" choice and Goldie the outside bet.

11' date='500 on taxis in five years. That is just ridiculous. Is he incapable of driving himself?

It's going to be tough replacing him. There's not exactly an abundance of high profile Tory MSPs that are capable of doing the job.[/quote']

it's mad isn't it. does he get taxis from edinburgh to john o groats or something? can't he get a train or something.

what is even madder is that he represents an Edinburgh constituency

I was brought up in Pentlands constituency. It's Tory to the core (one protest election to Labour aside).

http://www.alba.org.uk/nextwe/l04.html

"but in fact, after Ayr, where they won the Scottish seat in a parliamentary by-election, Edinburgh Pentlands is probably the constituency which they are most likely to win in Scotland." If they had Rifkind in there, he'd take a much bigger share of the vote. The majority's only as low as it is because McLetchie's such a clown.