aberdeen-music

Strummer Tribute Night - Fri 16th December

That's what I want to know two.

Would seem quite shit to use Strummer's music as a way of making some profit.

Why's that? At the end of the day, it's just a gig like any other. As Biz correctly points out, the object of the night is to mark the passing of a musical legend. I don't hear anyone calling into question the "profiteering" going on at the Elvisness or the Man In Black tribute nights. So why should this one be regarded any differently?

I'd hazard a guess that not everything done by the Planeteers or indeed GFN is without profit, but I wouldn't dream of calling your motives into question because of that.

But the solution's clear if you feel that strongly about it. Come along to the gig and rattle a bucket for Strummerville or Future Forests. Or go to another "non-profiteering" gig elsewhere in the city tonight. I reckon you'll have a hard job finding one.

Why's that? At the end of the day' date=' it's just a gig like any other. As Biz correctly points out, the object of the night is to mark the passing of a musical legend. I don't hear anyone calling into question the "profiteering" going on at the Elvisness or the Man In Black tribute nights. So why should this one be regarded any differently?

I'd hazard a guess that not everything done by the Planeteers or indeed GFN is without profit, but I wouldn't dream of calling your motives into question because of that.

But the solution's clear if you feel that strongly about it. Come along to the gig and rattle a bucket for Strummerville or Future Forests. Or go to another "non-profiteering" gig elsewhere in the city tonight. I reckon you'll have a hard job finding one.[/quote']

Fair enough but I just think it would be better to give the money to a charity or cause that Strummer beleived in.

I'll let Kirk answer the question about the Planeteers incase I say the wrong thing.