aberdeen-music

Saw 2

Johnny Mac

I don't think there's anything wrong with The Rock' date=' he makes for a pretty decent, charismatic action hero IMO, 'Walking Tall' in particular.[/quote']

check him out in DOOM. It looks awesome (although I know it probably won't be :()

i was disappointed. seemed like a dumbed down version of the first one and just plainly wasn't as terrifying. the gore was alright but other than the pit of needles could have been more inventive. agree with what confession is saying about the individual deaths. felt like you didn't really care if they died or not because there was nothing to allow you to get to know these characters. lacked suspense. the twist at the end was all a bit too convenient and left too many gaping plotholes. feels like a huge chunk was cut from the film to keep it to time but that huge chunk would have made the film altogether more enjoyable. kinda wish i'd spent my money on something else.

Near spot-on. I enjoyed it, and some of the gore was great (needle pit - fucking horrifying), but not a patch on Saw I. Also, how exactly were they meant to get out of some of the traps? There's meant to be a "lesson" in each torture/death with at least a possibility of escape, which was absent in almost all the scenes - I mean,how the fuck was the girl meant to get out of the lobster pot/wrist slashing device?

Anyway, I liked it. But not a lot.

I third that notion of being "Dumbed down". The twist at the end of Saw 1 beats any of Saw 2.

No chance' date=' Oh no, jigsaw's in the middle of the room... good one. That's not half as clever as the time delay, double crossed reformed junkie lady and the [i']'talk for 90 minutes and your son will arrive 'safe' and sound' part. Plus, when it ends up that it's all about kidnapping the police guy... it's a bit better than he's in the room lol which is questionable from the start.

No chance' date=' Oh no, jigsaw's in the middle of the room... good one. That's not half as clever as the time delay, double crossed reformed junkie lady and the [i']'talk for 90 minutes and your son will arrive 'safe' and sound' part. Plus, when it ends up that it's all about kidnapping the police guy... it's a bit better than he's in the room lol which is questionable from the start.

Don't read that if you are waiting to see the Saw films btw.

I really really enjoyed it.

It wasn't quite as clever as the first one, but perhaps if the ideas in Saw 2 had come first then we would all being saying the opposite.

It did however leave me with too many questions about whether it would have been possible for any of them to survive. I think I've worked out the oven scenario, although if he had survived by my method, it would have been a lucky guess as opposed to a test. (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet by explaining). I like to be left with a few things to think about after a movie, but perhaps not quite like this.

I do agree that the acting was far less cringeworthy than the first movie though. I'm very glad I saw it and I will definitely go and see the inevitable Saw 3...

It did however leave me with too many questions about whether it would have been possible for any of them to survive. I think I've worked out the oven scenario' date=' [/quote']

Actually, the oven one was easy-ish, as the clue was in the tape - something like "In Hell, the Devil is your only hope" - there was a Devil in the top right of the door side of the furnace, with a nob next to it - the off switch?

*SPOILER*

The key in the eye was horrific' date=' I would have definately have failed that one.[/quote']

very much agreed, couldn't see (ho ho!) myself getting out of that one either.

The start was actually awesomely fucked up and I was squirming in my seat until his mini iron maiden turned his head into a sieve.

I very much enjoyed the film actually. Just took it for what it was.

Actually' date=' the oven one was easy-ish, as the clue was in the tape - something like "In Hell, the Devil is your only hope" - there was a Devil in the top right of the door side of the furnace, with a nob next to it - the off switch?[/quote']

True...or as Lester Burnham said about the second needle being on the chain...if he had injected that one himself without leaving the oven and passed the second one out to someone else, he would have survived.

It is the fact that it is so simple and obvious that makes it better.

I am sure at the start of the film you were shouting "it's the guy on the floor!".

It is the fact that it is so simple and obvious that makes it better.

I am sure at the start of the film you were shouting "it's the guy on the floor!".

HAHAHAHA, worst comeback ever :p

Someone like Jigsaw doesn't randomly kill people for fun so you had to question who the dead body was on the floor and what it's significance was. It wasn't 100% obvious that it was him because the audience thought that he was watching from the house, but as soon as you found out it was the other guy in the doctors home, alarm bells started ringing.

The time lapse in Saw II was absolute genuis because everyone takes for granted that the scenes we see intercutting each other are the chronological order of events. As mentioned the only major flaw in the 2nd film was the victims being less personal and stereotypical sections of society (angry hispanic, phychotic hobbo).

i cant see the 3rd being as good. the woman doesnt have a menacing enough voice

hahaha, I was totally thinking that!

it would have been better at the end if they gave her a scary voice distortion so as not to dumb it down. I mean it wasn't like they needed to show her real voice on the tape recorder so that everyone watching knows that she is the next killer.

Also... I can't remember too well. Is the cop left in that room on his own to rot (at the very end) as a punishment for failing his task?

Cos if so they could have been kind and given him the tape recorder BEFORE his game started... ;)

On the note of the woman making a good creepy killer... well... it's not going to be as good now we know who she is' date=' is it? We know she's a skinny girl with a bad hair cut... and I don't find skinny little girls particularly scary. Fair enough if she creates a suit of AIDS needle ridden armour or something but I doubt she's that clever... then all she'd have to do it literally sit in a chair and nobody could touch her.[/quote']

Her hair IS bloody shocking when she makes her reappearance isn't it?

I don't see why she can't be a good serial killer though. Switchblade Romance has a wee skinny killer quine in it and it was pretty pleasing.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope' date=' he's just about to start his new task and the reason he's in that position is that he let his anger consume him thus causing him to fail the first task.

New task will be the start of the 3rd film. :p[/quote']

no no, she said "game over".

the whole film was his task, and he failed.

On the note of the woman making a good creepy killer... well... it's not going to be as good now we know who she is' date=' is it? We know she's a skinny girl with a bad hair cut... and I don't find skinny little girls particularly scary. Fair enough if she creates a suit of AIDS needle ridden armour or something but I doubt she's that clever... then all she'd have to do it literally sit in a chair and nobody could touch her.[/quote']

Unless they just shoot her with a cannon ;)