aberdeen-music

Some more rocking beats....

threeornothing

Guest Neubeatz

Yes Keilan, its easy to saturate the punters with new stuff here lol, they cant handle too much too soon.heh!

On DYSPHASIA.eh, I think you have a lot of the right elements there, but could maybe spend more time arranging, remove lots of stuff from the mix, so that the individual sounds get more chance to come through? Have more breakdowns so that not so much stuff is happening at once?

And...on the vocal line, use something more aggressive that would make parents think "I dont want my children listening to that subversion"!!!

But I always like your tunes, be they Punk/Tech or whatever, :)

Cool cool!! Yeah the arrangement I'm still working on...I like the sound of too much happening at once though....but yeah I've just stuck the end on a loop cos the tune needs to change somewhere. As for lyrics...I'm just gonna pull some more samples from Glengarry Glen Ross :)

"Put that coffee down. Coffee's for closers only. You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you!"

i kinda like this, it's got a lot of energy to it. I reckon the arrangement is alright, it builds up quite nicely. I'm not keen on the synth sounds themselves, they sound a bit tinny and grating. What did you use to make them? I guess you just need to try and work on the production quality a bit, otherwise, thumbs up.

Cheers man. The synth sounds are all with JunoX2 by reFX, dunno if they still make it, although the first lead synth that comes on was on the Pro53 by native instruments. I listen with a load of bass at home which is probably why it sounds tinny, although I do like them sounding harsh, I'll maybe stick a bit of MaxxBass on the master channel to fatten it all out a bit. I just need to take the tune somewhere else now....looking through my entire CD collection to find a worthy sample :)

I need a better bass sound...have been trying an MS20 plug in I have but I dunno how to get good sounds of it...notice they have a USB controller for this plug in in R&B which I was tempted to pick up till I saw the price. If you've heard the Prodigy track "spacehopper" you;ll get the sorta bass sound I want (as the bass riff is a bit of a play on that)

ReFX%20JunoX2.jpg

pro53.JPG

The bass in spacehopper sounds junoish to me, but just about any analogue emulator vst should be able to make that sound, play around with the square wave oscillators. MS-20 comes with a patch that sounds pretty much the same - choose the "Drive Squ Bass" patch, and turn down the lowpass filter cutoff in the Edit panel until it sounds right.

Whatever you do, don't stick maxxbass on the master bus, it will ruin it