aberdeen-music

Im a stoner

Guest MDP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on the Fighting Cougars tour in Germany 2004, we got this....

basically walking back from a gig, a group of about 14 of us, back to the squat we were staying at. all of a sudden, three police riot vans surround us and scream in german what I guess was "get against the wall". so we did. they checked all our passports (there were British, Dutch and Germans amongst us) then asked us where the green flag was. fuck knows what the green flag was, but they asked for it. they searched us, found no green flag, and sent us packing. luckily, Ryan Destroy (our drummer) had jumped into a bush and hid at the sight of blue flashing lights, so they didnt search him. because he didnt have any ID on him, which could have proved bad.

also, got off a flight from Heathrow once, and I had previously been in Abu Dhabi visiting my parents. tied back mohawk and a palestinian head-dress as a scarf, I was looking rather dodgy trying to hide the fags/tobacco/booze I had brought back since I was over the limit for being outside the EU. Noticed two guys looking at me suspiciously, thought they were Customs. Anyway, they stopped me, asked for my passport, asked where I'd come from and where I was going. Told them and they went to check my details. While one of them was away, I had what I thoguth was a friendly chat with the other one about what I do etc. When the other guy came back 10 minutes later he said "okay, all that checks out fine..." and then proceeded to ask some of the same questions the other guy had been asking in our 'friendly chat' until he said "it's okay, i got all that" and then sent me on my way.

at least they Customs guy next to them didnt check my bags. I was twice over my limit with booze, and twice over my limit with tobacco as well.

Different ball game in Europe completely.

The band Doom were on tour, can't remember where exactly they were, but the driver took a funny turn on the motorway, spotted by the cops and were chased, a gun put to the drivers head, and I think basically everyone in the van had to just empty out their pockets, and the cop took all the money and left it at that. Could have been some bust heads had they been skint!!

They're just doing their job though...

I could think of a hundred things i'd rather see our "undercover police/CID" doing other than searching a guy they thought looked like a stoner.

what a fucking waste of time and money.

Can imagine them being right snidey jobsworths - everything exactly by the book. About as much personality as a can of tuna. A lot of ex-military personnel working offshore are much the same. bah

Different ball game in Europe completely.

The band Doom were on tour' date=' can't remember where exactly they were, but the driver took a funny turn on the motorway, spotted by the cops and were chased, a gun put to the drivers head, and I think basically everyone in the van had to just empty out their pockets, and the cop took all the money and left it at that. Could have been some bust heads had they been skint!![/quote']IM gonna ask Doom about that......MWAHAHAHAHA, LOOK HOW COOL I AM, I KNOW FAMOUS BANDS!!!

I got drunk this weekend with the drummer of Extreme Noise Terror and Ricky from Oi Polloi. In fact, me and Ricky looked like utter jakies walking back from ALDI with two bottles of Taurus cider each. Ace.

The only worrying thing about the whole story to me is that the bouncers at the tunnels didn't appear to understand the terms of the license they were enforcing.

The bouncers did, the cid/police/cops/fuzz/whatever the hell u wanna call them didnt...