aberdeen-music

Im a stoner

Guest MDP

at the faust gig, before they went on i walked to the square to send a txt from the payfone(ive lost my mobile) and to buy some chewing gum, i got back to the tunnels, walked in, and the bouncer came and said ppl were asking for me at the door, they were undercover policemen!

they said that when i walked past them i looked stoned(really most likely because of sleep deprovation) and questioned me, took down all my details, then fucking searched me, it was well embarassing, and my trousers have 12 pockets, so it took a while! obviously they found nothing...i dont even smoke so didnt have a lighter or anything.

they then asked me why i was in a liscenced premisis and told me it was an offence, so i had to explain to them that it wasnt and they have an entertainment liscence, they then comfirmed this with jim.

this annoys me a bit, as there were people inside i could have easily pointed out to have been high, yet they only searched me. i hate the police

ross

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what the right of the police is to actually do this?

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/n6w/index/your_rights/legal_system/police_powers.htm

From looking at that (Scotland isn't likely to be drastically different, but if someone could find a link, it'd be useful to confirm), it would seem that the police had no right to search you. I'm also amazed at their ignorance towards the licence of the place - but the whole incident seems a little strange.

Got any friends who deal in the stuff, or anything like that?

at the faust gig' date=' before they went on i walked to the square to send a txt from the payfone(ive lost my mobile) and to buy some chewing gum, i got back to the tunnels, walked in, and the bouncer came and said ppl were asking for me at the door, they were undercover policemen!

they said that when i walked past them i looked stoned(really most likely because of sleep deprovation) and questioned me, took down all my details, then fucking searched me, it was well embarassing, and my trousers have 12 pockets, so it took a while! obviously they found nothing...i dont even smoke so didnt have a lighter or anything.

they then asked me why i was in a liscenced premisis and told me it was an offence, so i had to explain to them that it wasnt and they have an entertainment liscence, they then comfirmed this with jim.

this annoys me a bit, as there were people inside i could have easily pointed out to have been high, yet they only searched me. i hate the police

ross[/quote']

what ever way you look at it, their only doing their job

Anyone know what the right of the police is to actually do this?

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/n6w/index/your_rights/legal_system/police_powers.htm

From looking at that (Scotland isn't likely to be drastically different' date=' but if someone could find a link, it'd be useful to confirm), it would seem that the police had no right to search you. I'm also amazed at their ignorance towards the licence of the place - but the whole incident seems a little strange.[/quote']

I think they would have the right, considering they suspected he was in possession of an illegal substance in a public place, which would have a no drugs policy. I think that list is sort of generalising a bit.

I think they would have the right' date=' considering they suspected he was in possession of an illegal substance in a public place, which would have a no drugs policy. I think that list is sort of generalising a bit.[/quote']

That's what I'm thinking too, but I can't seem to find anything on google to find out what the acutal ...scrap that, found it.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/n6w/scotland/your_rights/legal_system_scotland/police_powers_scotland.htm

They have the right, but did they carry it out correctly?

Two guys chancing on a 'stoner looking kid' to see if he had anything on him to keep for themselves or sell on. Undercover cops my ass.

Thinking the same thing myself. Considering they were police, why would they ask the bouncer to get him to the door when they have the right to enter anyway?

The idea of undercover policemen in Aberdeen at that time of night is slightly strange too, especially as visibility is everything.

When the police have not arrested you but want to carry out a search this should be in as private a place as possible.

not really, twaz oudside the tunnels

The search should be carried out by a member of the same sex and outwith the view of members of the opposite sex.

yet again, not really, twaz outside the tunnels,

other than that they followed everything on that site, only asked me to take my jacket off ect...

When the police have not arrested you but want to carry out a search this should be in as private a place as possible.

Seems like that wasn't carried out, and I'm sure members of the opposite sex must have seen this too. But I'm beginning to think that these guys weren't police officers at all. (or that you dreamt it.)

I tell you they weren't undercover cops. Not a chance. If they were they weren't playing by the rules so to speak.

Only one way to find out really, and that's by putting in a complaint to the Chief Constable about it. It's a pretty serious thing if some dodgers are going about pretending to be undercover police.

Any idea if the Tunnels has CCTV installed on the outside? If it does, could be worth getting a copy of the tape before it gets taped over..