aberdeen-music

Band Camp (American Pie 4) sucks

rufus13th

Pardon me for stating the obvious but yeah, it's pretty abysmal.

It's about Stiffler's little brother perving on the wild activites at band camp, by installing hidden cameras everywhere.

The guy who plays the younger Stiffler is a new actor (not the same guy in the first two American Pie movies). They've hired some poor impersonator - imagine someone getting drunk and reciting stiffler lines over and over. That's kinda what this is all about.

The jokes are just not funny anymore.

Oh gods, I want my 90 mins back. :down:

Guest DustyDeviada
straight to dvd

Exactly, I think the lack of a cinema release should at least give a clue.

Although I understand that this features the great Eugene Levy, thought he would have had more sense.

Guest bluesxman

I read an article the other day about this film, it was always intended to be straight to DVD, it's a new distribution method that is apparently to become more common and may well become the norm for certain movie genres. This is due to falling cinema attendances versus the DVD rental market for smaller genre pics. Cinema to DVD release times are getting shorter all the time.

Guest DustyDeviada
I read an article the other day about this film' date=' it was always intended to be straight to DVD, it's a new distribution method that is apparently to become more common and may well become the norm for certain movie genres. This is due to falling cinema attendances versus the DVD rental market for smaller genre pics. Cinema to DVD release times are getting shorter all the time.[/quote']

My arse, if it was any good it would have gone out in the cinema.

[Film Company Lowlife] "No, no, it's not that this is rubbish, it's a new way of doing things, honest."

Actually he's right. The DVD market is a lot bigger than the cinema market. It is a lot easier for film companies to rely on DVDs, which is why the period between cinema to DVD has been getting shorter every year.

It looks like most movies seem to last a month maximum on the big screens, simply because most of us are patient enough to wait for DVD.

Guest bluesxman

I'm merely relating what I read, i'm not defending any piece of shite film. And although I love seeing movies on the big screen, the fact I paid over 12 quid for myself and my good lady last time we went to the cinema and had some scrote talk all the way through is making me believe that a bit of patience and 3.50 is much preferable to watch in the comfort of my home.

Guest DustyDeviada
The DVD market is a lot bigger than the cinema market. It is a lot easier for film companies to rely on DVDs' date=' which is why the period between cinema to DVD has been getting shorter every year.

[/quote']

That may be true, but I don't see the film comapnies rushing to release Revenge of the Sith or Batman Begins straight to DVD. As long as a film covers its costs at the box office and it's not going to get rubbish reviews which will actually put people off buying it/renting it on DVD then it's still worth doing.

Putting certain genres out straight to DVD has happened for years, look at all the crappy Disney sequels. However, if they realise that they have something good on their hands they can shift it to the cinema - as happened with Toy Story 2, which was originally intended for video.

Band camp may well have always been intended for DVD, but if it had turned out to be any good they would have put it into the cinema first.