aberdeen-music

Return of the Champions

Guest onlynik

Guest onlynik

Talk about pissing over someones grave. I can't listen to most the songs, as they are murdered by everyone, and I normally enjoy a good murder but this is awful, Roger Taylor singing These are the days of our lives, God give me strength.

I'm a great queen fan' date=' and enjoy Rodger Taylor's solo stuff, but here doesn't do it justice, however he's much better that Paul Rodgers.[/quote']

Rogers vocals are certainly an acquired taste, I'vce seen him live a few times and always thought Brian May's vocals were far superior. I thought Rodgers did an excellent job, did it sound like Freddie ? Not even close but if they'd tried it would have been far worse. Rodgers is one of the best bluesy vocalists the UK has ever produced and so it brings a different quality to the Freddie material. Its not as good as Queen, but its not even close to being as bad as it could have been.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest onlynik
Rogers vocals are certainly an acquired taste' date=' I'vce seen him live a few times and always thought Brian May's vocals were far superior. I thought Rodgers did an excellent job, did it sound like Freddie ? Not even close but if they'd tried it would have been far worse. Rodgers is one of the best bluesy vocalists the UK has ever produced and so it brings a different quality to the Freddie material. Its not as good as Queen, but its not even close to being as bad as it could have been.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Actually I'd have preferred iot if they'd hired thon Weegee who won 'stars in their eyes' at least then it would feel more like Queen, its not much wonder why John Deacon didn't want to join in

Actually I'd have preferred iot if they'd hired thon Weegee who won 'stars in their eyes' at least then it would feel more like Queen' date=' its not much wonder why John Deacon didn't want to join in[/quote']

Yeah but the point isnt to be exactly the same as they were they know no-one could sound like Freddie so why bother, but the guys still want to play the songs so they get someone to take a new sound on it. Theres a common misconception about John Deacon not taking part, it's nothing to do with lack of approval etc, he has given the Queen/Paul Rodgers thing his approval and blessing, he just doesnt want to play anymore. He has money and figures now that Queen arent the same anymore it's the time to take things easy and enjoy his life, he was never into playing as much as the others and it was always more a job than a lifestyle.

Cheers

Stuart

Well before I start, I admit I am a lifelong Queen fan, and Paul Rodgers admirier... But I thought it was very good indeed... Saw the show live at Newcastle and Hyde Park, and these shows were a lot better than the Sheffield show from what I can tell... They were amazing shows.

But its defintiely not awful stuff, excellent chemistry... It does work better in some songs than others... I want to break free and A kind of magic are not the highest of points, but I want it all, show must go on, fat bottomed girls... Very strong.

So glad they did this than tryout a soundalike impersonator... That really would be pissing on the grave of a legend... Q+PR pays tribute to him in such a big way... Although, I don't think that comes through on the CD, it does on the DVD and the live show...

I think having Roger Taylor sing 'These Are The Days Of Our Lives' is pissing on his grave considering...

I dont understand how someone singing thir own song, that was originally written as a song for one of his projects (at the time it was written they werent sure there would be an Innuendo album), is pissing on his grave. Heaven for Everyone is another case in point.

Freddie was undoubtedly an amazing vocalist, and Roger an acquired taste, but Rogers vocals are still better than probably 60% of the singers out there

Cheers

Stuart

Guest onlynik

I know John Deacon gave his blessing, but still I would haver preferred it had they just left the Queen era behind them and concentrated on their own stuff again, their side projects weren't all that bad after all, but hey what do i know about music?