aberdeen-music

New Paradise Lost album...

Dan G

Anyone heard it yet?

it's actually my third favourite of their albums... possibly on a level with Shades Of god (although it has much better production)

Nothing they do will ever touch the mighty icon or draconian times, but it's nice to see a decent effort after a string of very average ones.

Its a decent album indeed. I still think Symbol of life was a cracker too' date=' heard that one Dan?[/quote']

Funnily enough, 'Symbol of Life' and 'Host' are the only two things officially released Paradise Lost CDs that I haven't ever bought (including all singles from 'As I Die' onwards). Was thinking of buying it though as I know it's meant to be not that bad.

I don't mind Gothic really but I much prefer the Metallica-meets-doom side of Paradise Lost, on their middle albums. The B-sides on their Icon/D.T. singles were amazing as well...

Thats correct it never got a UK release till last week.

I got my copy via Amazon Germany when it first came out.

Still its a great album' date=' the Uk version has two extra tracks however :down:[/quote']

Dont worry Mordred, one of the bonus tracks isnt all that great

Maybe so but my vinyl version of Shades of God doesn't have AS I DIE on it, it was only on cd and cassette, the same goes for Cathedrals first album it didn't have SOUL SACRIFICE on it either.

It could be argued those were the best tracks on the respective albums :swearing:

....mind you being the collector that i am, i bought them on cd too :up:

I think I'm the only dude who likes the newer stuff better than the old... I've never been too keen on the pre-Draconian times albums, and One Second is my favourite. And strangely I'm not actually generally a big fan of synths, I just like the way they are used on that album. Draconian times also pwns your m0m... I wasn't so keen on Host although I did like a few songs from it. I even liked Believe in Nothing (the one Kerrang awarded 1 K to).

I'll have to check out the new album and Symbol of Life, I always meant to get that one but never got round to it. D'oheth.

I think I'm the only dude who likes the newer stuff better than the old... I've never been too keen on the pre-Draconian times albums' date=' and One Second is my favourite. And strangely I'm not actually generally a big fan of synths, I just like the way they are used on that album. Draconian times also pwns your m0m... I wasn't so keen on Host although I did like a few songs from it. I even liked Believe in Nothing (the one Kerrang awarded 1 K to).

I'll have to check out the new album and Symbol of Life, I always meant to get that one but never got round to it. D'oheth.[/quote']

I really liked Believe In Nothing its been along time since i bothered to take any intrest in Kerrap! magazine and its reviews.

I still buy the magazine however for the gig guide mainly but even that isn't that up to date :down:

I really liked Believe In Nothing its been along time since i bothered to take any intrest in Kerrap! magazine and its reviews.

I still buy the magazine however for the gig guide mainly but even that isn't that up to date :down:

Yup. Kerrang went shitty a long time ago. With the internet telling me of gigs kerrang officially has no use now.

Yup. Kerrang went shitty a long time ago. With the internet telling me of gigs kerrang officially has no use now.

Mind you Kerrap! do alot for the enviroment as it's the third or fourth time they've recycled the same Black Metal guff in the last so many years with absolutely nothing new added to it other than to say Faust is now drumming for Scum 8o

Surely theres only so much you can write about HIM for gods sake, Kerrap! must be well chuffed they've released a new album as that can also be recycled to hell, possibly an an article on the singers dads sex shop, i here someone might have bought something from it last week :help: