aberdeen-music

Burst pipes = bad

Rachie

The water went off when I was in the shower this morning. Conditioner in my hair, etc etc. Went through in my towel to find Sharon talking to this idiot workman, who'd just turned the water off with the valve outside our flat, without even telling us he was going to.

Workman: "I thought ye hid a leak?"

Sharon: "Aye. On Saturday"

Workman: "Aw so it's bin fixed like?"

Sharon: "Er yes, hence the building is still standing, you don't exactly leave a leak like that for 2 days"

Workman: "Aw ok, I'm just gawn te lift yer carpet te let the flairs dry" *lifts a tiny corner of carpet* (bearing in mind the amount that needs to dry is probably about 12ft square.)

At this point I came bounding through screaming about the water being off and he sheepishly skulked off saying he was just about to switch it back on.

Fucking idiots.

Well I just received a rather formal apology from the site manager and sales rep about that little incident... apparently the guy:

A. Shouldn't have been up here in the first place because he wasn't told to be

B. Definitely shouldn't have just walked in, he should have waited. (Aye, ye think?)

What's next...?

Did I mention we had to rip the intercom off the wall last night because the buzzer got jammed and we don't have a privacy button to shut it up?

Guest Main Agent
I blame the fucking parents, I mean you just cant get the staff these days, all these fucking snobby bastards thinking that their kids should be in uni studying multimedia, or graphic design, or racial integration in the 21st century,

Nah I wouldnt send my kid off to be a fucking builder of pseudo flats for pseudo intellectuals, get them off to college to be plumbers and then have to work for a living?

I doubt it,

Send them to a uni to be forever endebted to a fucking system of slavery and working at asda checkout to pay off their student debts, or pc world heh!

:D:):D

Sorry to hear about your leak girls, how are you fixed for the cost of repairs? is Milne going to cover it, and the damage to adjacent property?

Whole building's insured by Milne for 2 years, so it's up to them to cover it. For all of the flats.

Don't get me wrong, I love living in this flat, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else right now, it's just been a bit of a weekend from hell with new problems.

Every new build will have things that need fixing before the building settles, but this weekend has been a little bit ridiculous for things going wrong.

Guest Main Agent

At least if it's covered thats something... :rockon:

I live in a fairly new place, and it had a leak similar to the leak described by spellchecker,

I spoke to various parties and found out that the "NHBC" 10 year warranty is not worth the paper it's written on,

I ended up fixing the leak and repairing the damage my self at 2.30 am one sunday morning, yeuch!.... :down:

You have all my sympathies girls,..... :rockon:

I just got shown the damage done to the carpets in the hall... it's just delapidated...they're being replaced - super. I don't think we're even having to go through the insurance for it... because they're still building the development they're able to just arrange it all for us. Saves alot of hassle...

richard' date=' any chance you could make that image a bit smaller please?

Stewart Milne should never have been allowed to build those houses where he did. I have heard from people involved in local planning in Stonehaven that they made various promises regarding new schools and amenities to get the OK for that development, none of which have ever materialised. It's a horrible estate in one of the most picturesque areas around the town and nothing more than a scar on the hillside.[/quote']

have you been up there? my mate lives up there with his girlfriend and the houses are qutie nice inside and it'd be a nice place to live. very peaceful. i agree that the houses don't blend in at all but it's hardly a horrible estate. it'll be dead nice once it's settled and the trees they've planted round the area start growing and stuff. rubbish soil for gardens though. it's hardly the best bit of dunnottar woods either, just next to the road. the houses look a bit shit from the outside though.

the worst thing about all these estates is that there's no personality to them and they just build houses and houses and houses. no amenities. and they're hardly inexpensive either. so they turn lovely towns into sprawling commuter estates with no facilities and leave the cities as a mass of executive apartments and box room slums. with the extortionate council tax rates further keeping the rich and poor apart. you might be able to afford a nice 2 up and 2 down in the neighbourhood you want to raise kids in but unless you're in a cushy oil job you've got no hope of paying the council tax so back to the undesirable areas with you.

property in this country is fucked up. it's not just stewart milnes fault, the government have allowed the middle class to rig the market in their favour fucking all us poor bastards over in the process. i'm sick of seeing flats being built in this city and then all going for rent.