aberdeen-music

Burst pipes = bad

Rachie

Anyone in a Stewart Milne house or flat - check your pipes. They're probably flimsy as fuck and there's a big risk of them bursting.

One of ours burst this morning, sending a high pressure spray of water everywhere in the boiler cupboard. The aftermath has left 3 flats below us flooded. That was within 10 minutes of it starting before we turned the water off. It only took 2 minutes after it had started before our downstairs neighbour was banging on our door saying it was coming through his ceiling. Jeebus.

The pipe the plumber replaced the burst one with is hard as nails in comparison to the others. Doesn't say much for Stewart Milne really, they work so fast at putting flats up, that they use the cheapest, flimsiest materials they can find, then do a half assed job putting them together.

Our carpets are soggy :(

[ Doesn't say much for Stewart Milne really' date= they work so fast at putting flats up, that they use the cheapest, flimsiest materials they can find, then do a half assed job putting them together.

Our carpets are soggy :(

I'm sure HIS carpets are dry, plush and expensive!!!

You'd think he has enough money now to allow him to build decent houses and still make some profit.

Hope the damage isn't too bad!

They're built to look expensive and impressive, but the amount of faults with them is the only impressive thing to be honest.

The damage for us seems to be pretty minimal, we won't really know until we rip up the carpet and lino around that area, but it just seems to be a bit soggy. But for the people below us I feel absolutely awful. Apparently their entire flat bar their lounge is flooded. So now you've got the problem of Damp and problems with the electrics.

Plus Stuart Milne has blighted the look of Aberdeen over the years (allegedly......by me, for one!!)

Whilst I'm ranting......I still can't understand how the Council are allowed to pursue private house owners if they allow their property to fall into disrepair, but can't chase up big companies for deliberately letting places like the Triple Kirks become ruinous purely so they can then demolish them on safety grounds and put up naff offices (dig at Esson Properyies/Minevco). Why don't they just pay a Robert Gordon's schoolkid to torch them like in the good old days? (allegedly!)

at least it was just mains water!

about 6 months ago in my bathroom, the waste pipe from the bath/shower and basin disconnected from the main soil pipe (where the toilet flushes into) behind the wall without me knowing. i took a bath one evening, and inadvertently ... so did my neighbour's bedroom. insurance covered it but it was horrible for him, he had to move out and everything.

i'm currently renovating my flat and it's amazing what you find (and sometimes what you don't find!). when moving sockets in my living room i found pieces of The Sun from 1975 stuffed into the wall and then plastered over.

I might be (checks to see no solicitors are listening).

Yep...it was 'interesting' how the developers couldn't alter the building until it was conveniently burnt out by a schoolpupil just at the right time.

I wonder if a van will conveniently crash into the Triple Kirks to make it 'unsafe' soon???

(Or am I just being Cynical?????)

Sorry for going 'off on one', Rachie.

My parents (both in their 80s) have been sitting in a flat with drips of water cascading down, and massive damp patches on the wall, bubbles of water under their ceiling paper etc for 3 weeks while the council try to trace the source of the leak in their skyscraper block.

I would've taken them in, but they can't manage the stairs.

Yep...it was 'interesting' how the developers couldn't alter the building until it was conveniently burnt out by a schoolpupil just at the right time.

that kind of thing seems to happen all the time. nuisance buildings and under-performing businesses suddenly reduce themselves to charred rubble at a convenient time!

/x

Guest Les Stroszek
Anyone in a Stewart Milne house or flat - check your pipes. They're probably flimsy as fuck and there's a big risk of them bursting.

One of ours burst this morning' date=' sending a high pressure spray of water everywhere in the boiler cupboard. The aftermath has left 3 flats below us flooded. That was within 10 minutes of it starting before we turned the water off. It only took 2 minutes after it had started before our downstairs neighbour was banging on our door saying it was coming through his ceiling. Jeebus.

The pipe the plumber replaced the burst one with is hard as nails in comparison to the others. Doesn't say much for Stewart Milne really, they work so fast at putting flats up, that they use the cheapest, flimsiest materials they can find, then do a half assed job putting them together.

Our carpets are soggy :([/color']

Stewart Milne's like Aberdeens very own version of Mr Burns. And he runs the football club in the same way too. Building all these houses on the cheap whilst hes at home counting his ever growing profit.

richard, any chance you could make that image a bit smaller please?

Stewart Milne should never have been allowed to build those houses where he did. I have heard from people involved in local planning in Stonehaven that they made various promises regarding new schools and amenities to get the OK for that development, none of which have ever materialised. It's a horrible estate in one of the most picturesque areas around the town and nothing more than a scar on the hillside.

i used to stay in roslin place in aberdeen, and for about 5months of living there, the flat above me had a leak into my bathroom. worryingly, it was leaking into our bathroom light. was't really safe to switch it on while taking a shower. no idea who built those flats though

richard' date=' any chance you could make that image a bit smaller please?

Stewart Milne should never have been allowed to build those houses where he did. I have heard from people involved in local planning in Stonehaven that they made various promises regarding new schools and amenities to get the OK for that development, none of which have ever materialised. It's a horrible estate in one of the most picturesque areas around the town and nothing more than a scar on the hillside.[/quote']

Sorry!

(message too short)