aberdeen-music

Guess what just came in the post

framheim

even the new ones have saving graces(i won't bother waxing lyrical about the awesomeness of sith again). clones has some of the finest battle sequences in the franchise and yoda kicking ass! menace has the pod race and the coolest baddy apart from vader himself(and even then' date=' it's close).[/quote']

I thought that this was the problem with these films; they attempt to appeal to the fans i.e. they do the things that they think the fans want; 2 edged light sabre, massive cgi fights, kung fu yoda etc.

i thought the entirely cgi fights in phantom were unconvincing and not in the feel of the original films. the double sided lightsabre was cool i have to admit but i thought the palpatine/yoda fight was so massive in magnitude with so much matrixesque kung fu that it made the powerful, emotional battle between luke and vader in jedi pale in comparison. to me that fight is the culmination of the entire series.

I thought that this was the problem with these films; they attempt to appeal to the fans

jesus, there's no pleasing some people eh? :p

so you're problem is that they were too obviously doing what people wanted to see. christ, anyone would think they were making a blockbuster movie to appeal to the masses or something...

jesus' date=' there's no pleasing some people eh? :p

so you're problem is that they were too obviously doing what people wanted to see. christ, anyone would think they were making a blockbuster movie to appeal to the masses or something...[/quote']

Ah, there is a subtle difference - I think he means that Lucas made some decisions about the prequels in order to appease the mighty army of supergeeks that has arisen since 1976. This is actually quite a curious notion given that most of the time he appears to please himself and do something equivalent to running around with his hands over his ears going "nyer nyer can't hear you!" when fans complain about the not so special editions and his continual tinkering with stuff.

At least his fellow movie beard Steven Spielberg gave you the option of owning the original or the digitally tarted up version when he re-did E.T.

Ah' date=' there is a subtle difference - I think he means that Lucas made some decisions about the prequels in order to appease the mighty army of supergeeks that has arisen since 1976.[/quote']

exactly. bless the supergeeks but if they had their way we would have had 45 minutes of darth maul and darth vader engaged in a fight with boba fett and then 45 minutes of natalie portman progressively getting her clothes ripped off....

hang on...

anyone got lucas' address?

hmm i think i would put it something like this;

return of the jedi (only wins over empire cos of luke/vader fight)

empire strikes back

a new hope

sith

clones

menace

funny-it seems to be in reverse numerical order.

I'd put it:

Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

A New Hope

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

I'd say Phantom Menace is the only one i'd give less than 3 out of 5.